mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedneck threads on a Black Magic???

I've got a Black Magic, it looks like the same threads as my 2 Orracles and 05+ BM...but it's not. The threads of the older Black Magic are bigger than all of them. What threading is it?

EDIT: Got a CCM feedneck to fit by filing down the "male" part of the threads on the CCM feedneck. Works great now!

Last edited by FormulaZR; 11-15-2010 at 11:16 AM.
FormulaZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hmmm...interesting. I have a couple BM's, and '05 BM, an Evo, two '05 SS, and an X5 and the feednecks all interchange. Are you trying to put a stock feedneck on either or? I use CCM on all of mine, maybe something to look at
Dysturbed87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysturbed87 View Post
Hmmm...interesting. I have a couple BM's, and '05 BM, an Evo, two '05 SS, and an X5 and the feednecks all interchange. Are you trying to put a stock feedneck on either or? I use CCM on all of mine, maybe something to look at
Here's how it works. My old BM's feedneck will thread on to my 05+ BM and 2 Orracles, but it is very loose/sloppy (too big). But none of the feednecks from the other 3 guns will thread onto the BM. I've tried the CCM STO threads...and of course the CCM will thread onto my other 3 guns, but not the older BM.

I'm just flat lost. I just wouldn't think WGP threaded each feedneck to the specific gun. By that I just mean I would've thought the feedneck was a "mass produced" part.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
Here's how it works. My old BM's feedneck will thread on to my 05+ BM and 2 Orracles, but it is very loose/sloppy (too big). But none of the feednecks from the other 3 guns will thread onto the BM. I've tried the CCM STO threads...and of course the CCM will thread onto my other 3 guns, but not the older BM.

I'm just flat lost. I just wouldn't think WGP threaded each feedneck to the specific gun. By that I just mean I would've thought the feedneck was a "mass produced" part.
....hmm. Odd. All my WGP feednecks, the threaded ones at least are interchangeable. How lose is it? Are you missing the O-ring on the feedneck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
....hmm. Odd. All my WGP feednecks, the threaded ones at least are interchangeable. How lose is it? Are you missing the O-ring on the feedneck?
No, all the o-rings are there. It's more like when they cut the thread on my BM's feedneck, the tool wasn't set to cut deep enough. The other 3 feednecks will kind of start to thread, but then bind up on the BMs feedneck. So, when I try the BMs feedneck on the other three, it's almost like that old standard/metric thread when they are close...but not close enough to work properly.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Problem fixed....
Old 12-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Enlighten us

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
Problem fixed....

Pneucocker Step-by-Step Build
Nanococker
Super PGP
Feedback
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Enlighten us
I edited the first post with the solution. I just had to sand down the "male" part of the threads...it was, indeed, a WGP QC issue.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport