mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

LOL...I'm humbled. Thanks for the smile!

Randy...
randyshipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Wait, you want a gun that just works and you're not looking forward to the end of your marriage?

I think you may be at the wrong paintball site.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
Rec Poster

My son (13) and I (50) play at XDZ regularly and we both shoot pump most of the time. We more than hold our own against an average crowd unless we are playing exclusively with the regulars that shoot high-end electros. We both have "backup" markers when we need more firepower but we prefer pump for 90% of the games.

It will take a few outings but you should soon get your "feel" back when it comes to accuracy.

Lots of good electros for sale on this web site. I have purchased several markers from guys with good feedback and now have a nice collection for all types of games. My most recent was a classic DM4 in great condition with lots of upgrades for $150. This thing shoots as well as any high-end marker out there, it's just bigger in size and weighs about a pound more. Unless you want to get into the tournament scene and need a super-light marker, you should be able to find a good, reliable, fast shooting, electro for $200.

Hope to see you (and shoot you) next time we are at XDZ.
wankus-mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm certainly not giving up on the pump thing ...I've been investing in harness and other stuff for my pump/stock setup, so I'll stick with that. Just looking for a semi for a change of pace. That said, as stupid as it probably is, I'm sticking with nostalgia and getting a mech for my semi. :-)

As for meeting me there, absolutely! PM me when you plan to go out again. As for shooting me, no way! I'll be on your team!

Randy...
randyshipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #25 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
I always tell new people (or people looking for a new marker) before you buy one try the markers your interested in out, play a few games with them first see if they are what your looking for and feel comfortable with, once you find what you feel is right for you then go find it and buy it...
Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport