mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #21 (permalink)

Here's the only kneepad solution I've found that doesn't slide around: BT Professional Pants

Last edited by The Inflicted; 03-25-2011 at 03:46 PM.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
I do a lot to protect the knees:

1. Slider shorts
2. Smart Parts knee pads (I know, I know...SP sucks. But their kneed pads are great)
3. Pants with thick kevlar knees (e.g. Empire LTD)

I can think of at least two occassion where even with all this, I nearly tore off my kneecap. Anything less, I would have been in the hospital. So I err on the side of precaution...
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
Here's a great deal on a nice set:

NXE PAINTBALL KNEE PADS NEW SMALL SIZE SMALL - eBay (item 200582273093 end time Mar-08-11 21:19:49 PST)
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Those slider pants are way too hot down here in the SE states. I still advocate cheap wally world volleyball kneepads. Best protection you can get for the $.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #25 (permalink)

I picked up a pair of 2010 Eclipse knee-pads back in September after I got tired of screwing up my knees diving on indoor fields. They have worked great so far. As someone said before, they have 2 elastic straps, and they fit great.
Firehwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
I AM THE HYPE!!!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I like knee pads w/ the hard plastic over the top. I use Triple 8's because that's what my field sells cheap. they're great, especially on structure fields. You can get on one knee and slide across wood floors and such so you don't have to duck under windows.

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.
Tek2974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

jeez, I'm still using an old pair of JT Skinz. They still work, but are really starting to show their age. I have to keep adjusting them after a big slide most games. But I find that not a lot of brands are making full on shin pads anymore. Many years playing in the bush and getting some nice bumps on roots and rocks has lead me to only trust a full shin pad.

Maybe this year I'll look around and find something new, some of my gear is getting pretty raggady after all these years. Definitely need new shoes, ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #28 (permalink)
ton up boy

I need to use knee/shin guards as all others fall down. Also Im old with shoddy knees so I need all the protection available.

I just got these, they have no doubt the thickest padding ever. They feel really comfy.

YouTube - Buy Empire 2011 Knee Shin Pads at Paintball Discounters.flv

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Damn you guys and your expensive knee pads. The 7 dollar a pair volley ball knee pads at walmart have way way more padding then any paintball ones and they dont slip down if you get the right size. You can agressivly knee slide on bare concrete with them and not feel it thanks to the ~1.5 inches of padding. I mean they're designed for aggressive knee slides on on hard wood floor. You can easily kneel on big rocks and roots without even noticing that they're there. Mine are starting to stretch out going into their 3rd year and frankly they're cheap enough that it wouldnt bother me to have to replace them every year.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

7 dollar a pair volleyball kneeguards are made to kneel in. They'll protect you when your knee hits the ground. They do this as well as things far more expensive. we get it. That's what most paintball kneepads are for too, to simply take a knee, slide or crawl the 2 yards across turf to the next inflatable bunker. This pathetic little job could be done as well by tieing a towel around your leg.

Gunman_2000 gets it. The JT Skinz were full shin protection and knee protection that would let you crawl miles. Miles. Playing hardcore woodsball at the 180acre Hell Survivors field, I crawled at least a mile last year in my JT skinz, in spite of the fact that I broke my tibia in april....When I broke my leg I searched the internet til I found a NIB pair of 04 Skinz.

'Army' kneeguards are little better. While they're awesome for the demands of duty soldiers, they are a joke for a 200yd speedstalk through thick woods with the game clock ticking down.

Playing in snow is another situation that shows up how lame most knee protection is. You never know when some stick is going to go an inch into your calf...

At the SPPL finals in Oklahoma, one of the fields was the rock garden. I saw with my own eyes a laceration that went right through a set of empire full shinguards, the pants and all the skin that put itself between the rock and the kneebone.
They work great if you never need them to work...

There's a good fraction of the paintball community that put alot more stress on this gear than you do, if volleyball pads are fine for you.

I've been looking recently at Mountain biking knee/shinguards, there are some interesting designs out there.
Since I'm getting another pair of the Smokin Outlast pants, I can go under them or over them, I've pretty much settled on these:

Quote:
The Kali Protectives Aazis Plus 180 soft knee/shin guard offers:
A Nitrex foam-lined, flexible ABS shell to protect the kneecap
A Nitrex foam-lined, flexible ABS plate to protect the shin bone
A Kevlar-weaved synthetic kneecap cover and shin plate cover for extra durability against abrasion
Two additional Nitrex foam pads above and below the flexible ABS kneecap shell
Six dense foam pads positioned on both sides of the kneecap shell to protect your ligaments
Four dense foam pads positioned on both sides of the shin plate to further protect your shinbone
Perforated neoprene cuff for comfort and breath-ability
Slip-on style knee/shin guard that will fit under or over pants
Two large Velcro belts to keep the Aazis Plus 180 knee/shin guard securely in place
Anti-microbial material that is fully washable
I'm still playing just as hard 24 years after I started because I take care of my equipment, whether it's my pistols or my knees.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 03-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport