mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 03-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #41 (permalink)
Space Monkey 615 !!!

Kilt Fan
I received my KALI Aazis Soft Knee Guards and I must say that they are more comfortable to wear then my old '08 Empire VENTZ knee/shin pads...

Here's a Pic

Thank You AgentSmith for doing the research on these

WK2

Proudly Sponsored by Urban Ops Armory, FullClipUSA, Hammerhead, CPX Sports and RANGER UP <--Click the Ranger Up link and receive 20% off your purchase

MCB - Feedback for WickedKlown2,,, Automags.Org Online Forums - Feedback for WickedKlown2

Last edited by WickedKlown2; 03-24-2011 at 07:32 PM.
WickedKlown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
Bigger Balls

If you really want to maintain your knees, slow down and wear some Alta tactical superflex knee pads. They won't hold up to sliding at all, but they will protect you from everything; hard, sharp, hot and even cold objects, all at the same time. Not only that, they customer support is great. I picked mine up from USCav.com with Nutnfancy's discount code from his review video for them.

If you cannot slow down, I never found anything I was perfectly happy to use. The closest I came was the old school Renegade knee/shin pads with the elastic straps instead of the velcro.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #43 (permalink)
Reinventing the Wheel

Recently bought some XO kneepads for $20. They're more comfortable and protect better than the volleyball kneepads I was using. I'm happy with the purchase.
LoopyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:03 AM   #44 (permalink)

thanks for the post AgentSmith... I been searching for replacement knee/shin guards.. I been using my Raven ones for almost 10 years rain/snow/woods/speedball... always stayed where they belonged.. stopped a stick from stabbing into my knee area.. the velcro is finally giving out...I paid $50 and they still work but I am going to need some new ones in the near future.. I have been looking at tactical ones by Damascus and Motocross ones by ICON both are nice looking sets.. but I like the looks of the Kali ones.. after having a total knee replacement many years ago I protect my knees at all cost.. ..
buzzinhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 AM   #45 (permalink)
ur my sister

i use mountain biking pads. go from the knee to the ankle so you dont get rocks and roots in the shins. i think they are made by 626. they have plastic panels to help protect and soft foam on the inside. they stay in place pretty well
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:30 AM   #46 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

I'm going to try out my new mountain biking knee/shin pads on Saturday. It seems like they'll stay in place just fine, my concern is that they might restrict my range of motion too much.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #47 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelazerviking View Post
Try to find a pair of Empire slider pants...best piece of equipment I own other than my mask. Extremely comfortable, built in knee, hip, side, butt and crotch pads. All you need. I wear mine under a pair of tiger stripe BDU pants made by Propper.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CrjD8Ifx8d...ants-front.jpg
Totally agree with this, I love Dye's gear, but I can't use their knee pads, I've never found a single set of knee pads that stayed in the right place during a day of play. Between the padding on the slider shorts knees and the thick knees of most paintball pants (I use Dye C10s) I might as well be wearing kneepads, and I never have to worry about them slipping out of place. I've never had a problem with them being hot, It's a pretty thin material except for where the padding is, so even on the hottest of Idaho days I haven't been overwhelmed with them.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #48 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

After a demanding day using the mountain biking pads, they get a thumbs up from me. Protected great, stayed in place, didn't inhibit movement. My only remaining concern is that they'll scrape up the backs of my knees when I'm not wearing under armor under them.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
when in doubt EBD

planet eclipse. run dive kneel fall its all covered by these.

914 Dogs of War (Major)

Aztec Warriors scenario team Texas
Member of Land Sharks

I do home lending in Texas. Need a house let me know if nothing else its free advice.
seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:01 AM   #50 (permalink)
Strobe light!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to Delta 047

i run with a pair of the empire knee/shin guards and love em. you dont have all the heat build up as the slide pants either.
People that love me! (feedback)
Delta 047 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport