mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-27-2011, 02:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Goblin launcher with 6mm paintballs?

Has anyone tried this out? Or been shot with it?
If so, hows its spread radius and effective range?
I've always wanted to try this out but have been reluctant to try due to lack of money.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cannon fodder

Fan of EMR
I haven't tried it with a goblin but I haven't had much luck with 6mm paintballs breaking in general. The last time I tried them it took a point blank shot into a concrete wall to break one of the paintball pellets. I would imagine it would probably have the same performance as with typical airsoft bbs but I can't see it having enough force to break.

Last edited by Bullseye; 06-27-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

i guess that means i cant skimp out on cheap paint then. =(
But i do know that there are some semi-decent ones that will indeed break. Rap4 did a demo of their different launchers with 6mm paint BBs which seemed to do well at ~15ft.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
yeah, in my experience they never broke. may be made even more problematic by the Goblin's problems achieving the desired velocity shell to shell too though.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

As an owner of two Goblins, I've never been more satsfied with any paintknife on the market! I don't recall having ever shot anyone with them.... I get a lot of scared to death looks followed by a horrified "surrender!...?". After extensive use, I can safely say that it's sadly almost impossible to use Goblins as any sort of half effective primary. Now, if you like barrel tagging and running a feather light setup- Goblins are bomb.
Have a nice Day,
Tyler "Chickun" McLemore
Chickun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickun View Post
As an owner of two Goblins, I've never been more satsfied with any paintknife on the market! I don't recall having ever shot anyone with them.... I get a lot of scared to death looks followed by a horrified "surrender!...?". After extensive use, I can safely say that it's sadly almost impossible to use Goblins as any sort of half effective primary. Now, if you like barrel tagging and running a feather light setup- Goblins are bomb.
well......... i have an idea that will up the ROF using goblin shells. Paint BBs might not break, but ppl are gonna wanna call out anyways. hehehe

But if you ever did shoot anyone with it, how was the buckshot radius?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

That sounds lame, children play this game and as a ref it's not cool seeing a kid having a great time and then some lame fool overshoots them and ruins their day. The focus isn't to cause pain, this is a game of fun and skill. Now, if you want to make an effective shotgun, break actions are going to be either 40mm grenades that fire only 4 balls per shell and cost $70 a round or goblins, which'll make you look cool, but with two, expect to use your shots defensively while looking for ways you can be a distraction so your team can move up, if you do shoot someone, they were probably slipping up prettty bad not paying attention- or you might get lucky and actually pull off a close range enough shot to not just fire a training shot at them. I tried to somehow budget the 40mm's as usuable as a quickly reloadable shotgun shell, problem is- 10 rounds'd be $700. I think th closest thing in function to a shotgun would be a backpack water gun(such as many water gun enthusiasts make and use safely regularly) that somehow had a ROF cap, so as not to be too much of an overpowered annoyance- think toned down flamethrower with field set paint output per shot as well as possible spread rules or soemthing as well... I dunno I'm mad sleepy
Have a nice Day,
Tyler "Chickun" McLemore
Chickun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

sorry if it sounded that way. Intended only as a joke. X.x

Anyways, I've found a way to at least make capacity not too much of an issue. While it doesnt exactly have crazy ROF like i implied, it is however semi auto and carries 6 rounds at a time. Enough to last until theres a lull.
The reason why i started this thread was to get an idea as to the performance of 6mm in goblin shells. My main concern is that its effective range may be so close that i might as well try barrel tapping.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

You'd rather use LARP throwing weapons... or even a hand-catapult, if you want to ensure a quick and clean surrender!

6mm "paintballs" are designed for airsoft playing, but unless fired with a gas airsoft rifle at kinda close range, they almost never breaks.
That's why the "Claymore paintball mine" did not drawn attention: it uses 6mm BBs.

I guess you wish to build something like that:

(Note it carries 5 rounds, not 6)
Might be a good idea, but the Goblin's shells' power won't allow a long barrel.

The Goblin (stock one or Deuce) is a backup, "last chance" marker, so keep that in mind...

Even if it can fire First Strike rounds, I doubt it has enough power to break it at long range!

This is my FEEDBACK
Foxat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxat View Post
You'd rather use LARP throwing weapons... or even a hand-catapult, if you want to ensure a quick and clean surrender!

6mm "paintballs" are designed for airsoft playing, but unless fired with a gas airsoft rifle at kinda close range, they almost never breaks.
That's why the "Claymore paintball mine" did not drawn attention: it uses 6mm BBs.

I guess you wish to build something like that:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...4f/MC255-2.jpg

(Note it carries 5 rounds, not 6)
Might be a good idea, but the Goblin's shells' power won't allow a long barrel.

The Goblin (stock one or Deuce) is a backup, "last chance" marker, so keep that in mind...

Even if it can fire First Strike rounds, I doubt it has enough power to break it at long range!
Actually, thats VERY close to what i had in mind to build. XD

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport