mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
My echo 20/20s have been worn pretty hard.
I rarely seem to have trouble with fogging and I usually leave the fan turned off since the buzzing is too loud.
I had a pair of 20/20s with a hard mask and the fan got really quiet once I took it apart and made sure any plastic burs were plucked off the parts, and replaced the battery. After that I lost the hard bottom ones, and picked up the new pair with soft mask.

So far this new pair would be near perfect if I just tinker with the fan like I did with my last pair. but I've been a bit lazy.
One thing I liked about the soft bottoms is they seem to bounce more shots.
The down side is the tinted lenses mean I need to pull out my spare JT's for night play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I got the Events for a first mark 3 months ago and they work perfectly.
nightmare12369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
Grand Exalted Ruler

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
All masks fog.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Yeah, just depends on how badly. Even though I'm a major sweat hog, the only time my mask (JT Thermal) has ever really badly fogged was in winter play with sub freezing temps. Otherwise they have treated me well.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
Destroyer of Lenses

I have yet to have fog issues with the thermal lenses on my Avatars, and I sweat enough to have killed the antifog on 2 single pane lenses. I personally have no intention to ever buy a mask that doesn't have thermal lenses as an option.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Present

CCM Fan
Does anybody have recommendations for a smaller mask? I'm still pretty young, and so most masks are extremely oversized for me. For example, I got a JT mask a long time ago(don't remember the name), and it made me look like a bobble head, and the strap was way too big. I had to wrap the strap around a lego wheel I had lying around for it to fit, and even then it would keep on sliding off. I hated it. I was looking at the save phace mask, since a lot of adults say it's too small for them.
ComradeBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
FLOCKA

CCM Fan
in my opinion the jt spectras are amazing their like $30 and theyve got flex lenses/frames and the bottoms are pretty good for $30 theyre one of the best masks on the market +flex foam is amazing
krusherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
FLOCKA

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
Does anybody have recommendations for a smaller mask? I'm still pretty young, and so most masks are extremely oversized for me. For example, I got a JT mask a long time ago(don't remember the name), and it made me look like a bobble head, and the strap was way too big. I had to wrap the strap around a lego wheel I had lying around for it to fit, and even then it would keep on sliding off. I hated it. I was looking at the save phace mask, since a lot of adults say it's too small for them.
go with i4's their way to small for the rest of us but they are quite pricy
krusherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

The other alternative would be to try a JT Elite mask...just make sure you get thermal lenses.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
anything with a good quality thermal lense is a good choice. Go with what you like the styling and pricing of. I bring several masks with me to the field, i have owned a lot of masks and besides some of my big headedness causing comfort issues i have been impressed with all my "higher end" masks.

I realy like the proflex masks, but JT lenses are a paing to get the lense out of until the frames are good and broken in, as well as your fingertips. i also realy like Grillz they are very comfy, and lense removal is easy, the profilers are the same way.

I just try to replace the lenses ofter, like once a year and as long as i stick with getting new lenses regularly, i never have a fog issue. Usualy sweat is the issue, but i cnahge masks a lot.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport