mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #111 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
We went to Armed Forces War V last weekend and my 8 year old was not allowed to play because both my wife and myself did not think he was ready. Well, he convinced the field owner that he was old enough to ref so the wife and him donned vests and neon masks and went out. He got shot several times and was fine. We later went on the speed ball field and a couple of us let him shoot us and he was good with a impulse with a bottle on the gun. Pain was fine and safety was good but it was only a few minutes. So now he gets a chance to play a bit of controlled woods ball.
diesel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #112 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFrevold View Post
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0959763695.jpg

My boy is 4 years old.... my parents have a couple acres in the back of they're house. We have setup 2 plywood bunkers Ive turned both our guns down to about 150 he shoots like mad at me and I generally try not to shoot him too much. Generally hes toating my ego with a peanut and a Rotor the I4 Fits him perfectly lol. I think all the kids in his preschool class are jealous hes the only 4 year old rocking an ego. As he gets older ill build on his fundamentals and teach him the game as of right now its basically taken the place of running around the house with nerf guns :P
My 4yr old loves shooting my guns, whenever a new one comes in he comes down into the basement with me to get either 12g's or whatever we need to shoot it out the back door to test it out...

gonno have to try some low set guns out lol
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #113 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballinStL View Post
Everyone obviously has their opinion.

So imo they should start playing when they can pick up the marker, shoulder it, pull the trigger and hit a target. Also understand what rules and follow them. Know what a barrel sock is and how to use it and where. Keep their mask on when they are in all desginated playing areas. And a general knowledge of the purpose of the sport is nice, we dont need anymore idiots "no offense" shooting road signs, animals, neighbors dogs or cats ect ect. Most of all teach fun and respect for the sport.
^^^^^This!
I started when I was 10 and these rules sound like my father. 15 years later and I think this should be a general rule. My little brother couldn't have played at 10 he was way too small and immature. To put an age limit doesn't make any sense.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #114 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Forget the "my kid" anecdotes.

Here's what I want to know: excluding "your own kids", how many of you actually enjoy playing paintball with 10 year olds?
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #115 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Forget the "my kid" anecdotes.

Here's what I want to know: excluding "your own kids", how many of you actually enjoy playing paintball with 10 year olds?
I do if I know the kids/parents. When there is a bunch of them, it's fun to be Rambo and have a 8 on 1 game.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #116 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
I went to a team practise night at the local indoor field as a walk on - you can play for free, just buy paint, and run the drills with the sponsored players pick up a tip or three. Last time I play, four youngsters were playing - a 10yr old, two 11yr olds and a 13 yr old. They were keeping up far better than me lol. They were having fun, was cool answering some of their questions about the guns I was using - they were sporting late model space dildo's lol
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #117 (permalink)
Banned

was just at local field today. they have a 13-and-under-beginners walkon group. never heard that before but i guess it's a good idea. lots of 8 year olds... some kid got scared by the suppression fire and yelled that he surrenders but was too scared to leave his bunker so just kept his gun up. i told him it's ok just run to the sideline with your gun up.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #118 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
at my local indoor it's 10 years old to play on your own. Most other fields in the area it's 12 years old on your own or 10 assuming you shadow a parent or guardian. The trade off to allowing the younger ones at the indoor is ridiculous chrono of 230fps. We do play 10 foot mercy rules there but unless you're at basically 15 feet or so at 230 nothing breaks at all

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #119 (permalink)
Old. Geek. Paintballer.

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
[Raises hand], but I'm .
NoForts4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #120 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoForts4Me View Post
[Raises hand], but I'm .
Well, I'm 14 and I enjoy it a lot. It's great seeing young kids getting into the sport. I love persuading them to come up and rush with me, and after they really like it.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport