mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   getting back into paintball??? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/190873-getting-back-into-paintball.html)

headstrong 02-04-2012 08:35 PM

getting back into paintball???

So I would like to get back into paintball and on a serious budget. Would like to know what you guys and gals think. I'm looking to get a Azodin Zenith,Torque Loudmouth 440 Loader, 68/4500 tank. What I'm really on the fence about is goggles. I need a cheap pair that are good. I get hot and I fog up goggles. Would like to have some suggestions. Is a thermal lens a must or could I get something like the proto switch el? More that likely I would have mount a jt vortex 2 fan on it?

Would like to find the marker and tank used to bring down the cost.

sdawg 02-04-2012 09:25 PM

JT goggles don't fog.

You can stretch your budget with a pump gun and a steel HPA tank.

russc 02-04-2012 10:16 PM

I can't think of a better deal than these. A simpler version of the e-vents, with thermal lens. Right around the $30 + shipping mark.

Invert Helix Paintball Mask Thermal Lens - Black

dubletruble 02-04-2012 10:32 PM

everyone's gunna hate me for saying it (probably), but get an ion. cheap, reliable, pretty fast (for price), smooth, easily and readily avalible upgrades. my ion and a buddys ion were the only markers on the field that wernt acting up. i freaking love my ion. but thats just my $0.02

Falcone 02-04-2012 10:52 PM

buy everything used off of this site and save a ton.

Falcon16 02-04-2012 11:43 PM

for a mask I'd say vforce profilers if you can find a used pair. Even if the lens is beat as long as the frame is solid buy them. You can buy a new lens for $20 and off you go. I absolutely freaking love mine. I've never had a pair of goggles that fit me so perfectly given I have a smaller head and with wearing glasses I always have fogging issues but the foam on the profilers completely seals off the hot air from my nose/mouth from my glasses/mask lens so no fogging issues no matter how hard I go all day. Not to mention even with the bottoms being flexible it's not a super floppy all over the place flexible but more of a if a ball was going slow enough it would bounce but if it's a close shot it'll stay rigid kind of flexible kinda hard to explain really.

TL;DR Profilers best mask ever for the money.

Stitch 02-05-2012 12:17 AM

I have been a JT Spectra user for many years. Bang for buck I love em.

but everyone has their preference lol =) Try a few on at a local shop and get what suits ya best!

of all the things you get do NOT scrimp on goggs.....safety gear FIRST!

BlueTrane2028 02-05-2012 01:15 AM

I have 3 proto switch masks, because I just love 'em that much. Two of 'em I got for less than $30 on Craigslist. One, my first pair, I bought new. I'd look for those, personally although it really is a "user preference" deal.

As far as markers go, many people turn their noses up at Tippmanns, but you can get 98 Customs for less than $50 used in many cases. To me, its the ultimate budget marker. About nothing to go wrong, and if you don't have an RT or E-Grip (or E-Bolt), you'll probably not burn through a whole case in a day. HPA is definitely the "way to go" provided you have a place to go to that can fill the tanks. Near me, that's not really the case, so I still keep around a few CO2 tanks for those outlaw days away from the commercial fields.

As for loaders, I got a VL Eye force for like $30, and it's plenty good.

If you stick to "my formula" you can be on your way for less than $200, and if you "upgrade" away from the 98, you can still use everything on another gun.

Just concentrate mainly on a good set of goggles, a good loader and a tank. The gun is the last thing to really worry about, and a Tippy should fill the void at least for a while, IMO.

Marathon 02-05-2012 01:19 AM

Goggles and tanks are the only things I refuse to buy used. One protects your vision, the other can fail catastrophically. I refuse to use either item if I don't know their history. Anything else I buy in the BST here.

JT goggles are still a great deal. I have no worries about them.

foughtwolf 02-05-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon (Post 2196686)
Goggles and tanks are the only things I refuse to buy used. One protects your vision, the other can fail catastrophically. I refuse to use either item if I don't know their history. Anything else I buy in the BST here.

JT goggles are still a great deal. I have no worries about them.

Theres nothing wrong with a used mask, but its always a good idea to replace the lense and look over everything with a fine toothed comb.