mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
1. Pics. Given a new 47/3k is a whopping $50 brand spanking new, I find it hard to see why you would bother playing roulette with the single most dangerous part of your gun. Go find some less dangerous part of your marker to cut corners on.

2. Put the tank on the gun.
Okay for a newbie, but lie said before, get a CF tank. They handle recoil well and will last you a long time, and are just a good all around to have. The remote line is honestly a hassle, i had one and it really gets in the way.

3. Freak system w/ brass inserts.
That's about $200 dollars there, I suggest you go with the CP one piece, which only costs you $40 bucks, it'll cost way less. Don't go all out on an A5, save your money for a higher end marker. If you're sure you like tactical play, then you might want to upgrade it a little bit.

4. Remove the stock and learn to aim down your barrel.
What he said is right, you should remove the stock because honesty they get in the way and a CF tank with an exalt tank grip on it will work the exact same way and not get in your face. The a5 has pretty good sights but if you want to upgrade get this: NcSTAR Red Dot Sight w/ 4 different reticles - Black | Paintball Gear Canada With a riser and you'll be set.
Overall, my point is don't spend that much money on your A5 to turn it into a tacticool gun because you might discover the wonders of speedball later on. (Hint hint ) Might want to get that tank checked out by a technician as well just to be safe.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klokworker View Post
Thanks guys!

It seems like A5 barrels don't really show up in the BST section around here. Is that because they're actually less common?

I'd absolutely get myself a freak kit, but they're something like 3 times the price of a single barrel so I can't really justify it at this point. Something to look into for later though.

I'm definitely sticking with the remote line. I tried out the setup recently and I like it a lot more than tank on gun because then you don't have some huge thing sticking out of the back of the marker unless you want it to be there.
That's why you have the tank on the back with no stock. You use the tank as a stock.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Apple Sucker

It seems that most people here has missed the point of the tread:
the setup is not for himself, but for a guest that never played before

therefore, I'd get the steelie repaired, put it directly on the gun so that there is no messing around with the remote line and put a straight barrel... apex and flatlines are nice, but when they have no idea what they are and they put a gun in their hands with it, it's just not going to be a good first couple games... or the whole day...

As I said: If It's a gun specifically to lend out to people who never played, simpler is better.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishotaki View Post

As I said: If It's a gun specifically to lend out to people who never played, simpler is better.

Where did you read this?
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishotaki

Sorry, it appears to be you who missed the point here. This is a marker for me, so it need not be simple. In fact, I don't dislike complicated gear.

To better explain my logic behind the folding stock/remote line setup that nobody seems to like:
This lets you get really close in behind the marker when you're behind a small bunker, while still getting you the stability of a stock when you've got more space to work with. I think it should let me run a somewhat longer barrel without making an already large marker into an enormous one. It's also a lot lighter to carry and move around.

By the way, I took care of the barrel question by buying a used Empire Twister off someone around here. Haven't tested it yet, but it got pretty good reviews from what I saw.

Thanks again guys! The discussion is definitely helpful!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport