mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 04-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
meatballs

Question On/off ASA with fitting out of top

Is there any on/off ASA with the fitting out of the top?

Or which one is the best to tap for a top fitting?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
meatballs

Should be in "Ask the experts" sorry :/

Mod please move.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

What do you mean out the top? Are you reffering to a thru the grip air system? Kind of like a mini or AXE? I've seen alot of people use CP asa's for Phuen mag projects.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
meatballs

Yes exactly. My english isnt the best
Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

if it's for a custom project, i've also seen people use Custom Products ASA's for their pneu-mags.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

XSV profile ASAs are very basic, but right for the job.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
meatballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
if it's for a custom project, i've also seen people use Custom Products ASA's for their pneu-mags.
The on/off version? Is it possible to just drill and tap them on the top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
XSV profile ASAs are very basic, but right for the job.
Isn't that a regular duckbill, or am I missing something ?
Old 04-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

^^yeah, wow. I missed the boat on that one. you're right the XSV profile ASA is a basic duckbill with no on/off, but it lends itself to being modded for a fitting on top to make an air thru grip, just like the Custom Products ASA.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
Old 04-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
meatballs

wait, now I see what you mean. Is the XSV "hollow" inside, so you just have to tap the top? (the macroline goes out from the front)

That sounds very interesting, maybe I should skip the on/off and just go with that. Do you know where I could find one? Most shops doesnt have them in stock it seems..
Old 04-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broder View Post
wait, now I see what you mean. Is the XSV "hollow" inside, so you just have to tap the top? (the macroline goes out from the front)
^^Exactly. It is very nearly a straight shot from where you screw in the tank in back to where the macroline fitting comes out in front. All you have to do is tap the top of the xsv asa and drill a hole in the bottom of the grip frame for the macroline fitting to pass through. Using an xsv asa loses the utility of the on/off, but I personally prefer the xsv to the CP because of looks.

Every where I've looked, they are out of stock. Except Ebay. If you can't find one listed today, just be patient and someone who has a bajillion of them in stock will list them on ebay within a few weeks.

here's a link to a sale for a silver one:
XSV Profile ASA - Polish Silver | eBay

I believe I bought a black one from this seller in the last year, I have seen him list black ones recently and they probably just need to be relisted.

Visit my Etsy store:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport