mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 04-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Team Sprinkle Cheese

New to stock class- marker suggestions

So, i've been playing for about 6 years, and i'm looking to take it up a notch, so i'm coming to the Old-School gurus here at MCB for advice on stock class markers. What brands to avoid, to trust, etc. Also, any advice on stock class play is appreciated. Thanks guys!
Koga149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
What you are looking for is a Phantom, I prefer VSC my wife prefers a Dropout changer. Lots of setups available parts are super easy to get.

Search on here there are tons of great threads on tactics and suggestions for SC play.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Mega Z for sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...el-mega-z.html
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Playing prone is a bad idea. I really liked the 2006 grey ghost i had. The phantom is more customizable than most. However most pumps can be made stock class so its your preference. Ask around and see what u can fondle locally n go from there
Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I REALLY liked my dropout phantom when I took it out. I purchased a short barrel for it and used it as a pistol as well as with a longer barrel and a stock. I really enjoyed the marker, but stock class just wasn't my cup of tea so I ended up trading the marker.

I have a lot of nitpicks with the Phantoms but overall they are very hard to beat for the price you can snag them for. They are great all-around markers.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Igloo member

You can find a SC phantom on most forums. I'd suggest a VSC Format. As its pretty modular. You dont even have to get a fancy one. Phantoms are like AK-47's Oil and pump.

with a VSC you can always get a bottomline adapter on it and run a C02 or a HPA tank on it, makes for Incredibly cheap days, fill your tank once. your good for 3 weekends.
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Team Sprinkle Cheese

Phantom price

Okay, so all the phantom's i've found have been like $300, and most have some insane anoziding going on. I'm more looking for a cheaper one, and i dont really care about finish. Any advice on where to look? I'm tempted to machine my own, but i'd rather just find a cheap one in arguable condition.
Koga149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

"Stock Class" kind of varies with fields and players. Our fields tend to go "pump and pistol" and rarely sc rules. The phantom is certainly versatile in configuration, but if you're just pumping for pleasure, MCB is the playground. Personally, I think the side tube 12g rifles are the most work per shot, if you are just looking for a challenge. If you have a particular group to play with, I would consider what they are using.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
SoCal's tango instructor.

Send a message via AIM to Whee McGee

Find yourself a old PMI Trracer and go to town on it. It's a cheap, easy to maintain pump that can be used in almost any pump configuration. For ~$50 you get a pump that can be used with a stick feed, hopper, 12g changer, tank, as a back-bottle or bottom-line (even VSC if you get crafty enough) and an auto-trigger. You can try out all the configurations of pump to see what you like, and, as a bonus, if you decide that pump just isn't your thing, you can turn around and sell it at little to no loss, which isn't really true for other, more expensive pumps.

Whee McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dremel Drill Professional

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
What you are looking for is a Phantom, I prefer VSC my wife prefers a Dropout changer. Lots of setups available parts are super easy to get.

Search on here there are tons of great threads on tactics and suggestions for SC play.
He speaks the truth. End discussion. Seriously, they are inexpensive, high quality, perfect for beginner and pro alike. Cant go wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whee McGee View Post
Find yourself a old PMI Trracer and go to town on it. It's a cheap, easy to maintain pump that can be used in almost any pump configuration. For ~$50 you get a pump that can be used with a stick feed, hopper, 12g changer, tank, as a back-bottle or bottom-line (even VSC if you get crafty enough) and an auto-trigger. You can try out all the configurations of pump to see what you like, and, as a bonus, if you decide that pump just isn't your thing, you can turn around and sell it at little to no loss, which isn't really true for other, more expensive pumps.

This is VERY true too if you really want inexpensive:
Pump Gun Picture thread

nation feedback
mcb feedback

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

What do you call cheep?

5 years ago I won a Phantom rear dropout pistol. I would have never picked that gun but now that I have it I've gotten the most enjoyment out of it than any other gun I've owned. You can get one new for $200. I have a full VSC rifle Phantom with stock, but I find myself still grabbing the pistol for its simplicity.

EDIT; My local paintball store and member here (PW Paintball) stocks Phantoms., if you're wondering where to buy one new (c:

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport