mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

bringing a paintball marker to the US? (from europe)

Hey everyone,

I was an exchange student in the us back in 07/08, played a lot of paintball during the year ..

anyways, this summer im coming back to visit my hostparents and friends and of course I wanna play paintball again, so I plan on bringing the marker I bought when I was an exchange student.

Can I just put it in my main luggage and unpack it in the states, or are there any special things I need to take care of?

Do you need a permission to import a paintball marker into the us?

experiences?

thanks,

BlackPowderr
BlackPowderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Very Bork.

Wich country are you flying in from?

I've been flying sweden->usa many times and there are no restrictions or requirements that i have encountered.
If you bring your tank you have to remove the reg/valve before so they can se inside the bottle.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Technically you would be fine - but sometimes customs can cause problems. I would ship it before you left.
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycelarson View Post
Technically you would be fine - but sometimes customs can cause problems. I would ship it before you left.
Shipping can take a while, depending on country. I bought an autococker from the UK and the seller shipped on 3/12. It just got here yesterday. I'm picking it up from the post office today in a few hours.

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Im flying from switzerland.

Maybe I should add, its not a space gun type marker but an A5 with the complete metadyne industries M4 kit (shroud, mag, stock), reddot sight, hammerhead barrel, with a conlee customs camoflage duro coat, so it might look pretty dangerous / real to someone who doesnt know much about paintball / guns..

.. but as long as its not illegal I think im good. thats the most important thing, I didnt wanna just pack it and then learn at the us customs that bringing in a marker is considered illegal weapons import (cause thats how it is in switzerland )
BlackPowderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
If it is considered illegal weapons import in Switzerland, are you going to have a problem when you go back? (That is assuming you are returning to Switzerland).
Old 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't know. Putting something in your luggage that easily could be mistaken for a real weapon sounds like a prelude to getting a full body cavity search at some point. I think I would just see if you can borrow one when you get here.
OPBN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Do yourself a favor and call your airline... They SHOULD be able to give you the heads up for everything
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

I would remove the shroud and stock for the flight. Also if you have the stock end cap I would put that back on. When you get to your destination then you can put the goodies back on.
DarkShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

hhhhmmmm possible cavity search....? ....or getting to use your own A5....? what type of gun was that again..... Seriously, unless you and that A5 are sharing a kidney, I would think about NOT causing more problems with your luggage and see about borrowing/renting a gun in the US. Not to bash your A5, but unless it was an extremely special gun, I would think about finding ways to make nice with the TSA. I shouldn't be so discouraging: do some real research into the regulations for markers, the airlines, and the countries you are flying into and out of. You may only have to make a declaration/fill out a form and you may be free and clear. Better to spend some time making things official than spending quality time in a windowless room, bent over a metal table with a nitrile-glove clad TSA agent.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport