mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I think one of the biggest misconceptions is that people think HPA stands for "High Pressure Air". Hpa means Hectopascals, which is how the size or volume of the bottles is measured. People hear HPA, but get confused when they hear low pressure right after that.
What? You have more info on this? Cause I call shens. hectopascal is metric unit for pressure. You don't measure size or volume with pressure units. Also most paintball tank sizes are measured in ci. or liters and pressures by psi or bar.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

Low pressure output tanks usually work for most guns nowadays if you won't ever bother touching a mech or low end gun. I don't know of any modern electro that takes more than 400 to run, highest I can think of is maybe some at 300 ish from a few years ago.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
What? You have more info on this? Cause I call shens. hectopascal is metric unit for pressure. You don't measure size or volume with pressure units. Also most paintball tank sizes are measured in ci. or liters and pressures by psi or bar.
No, he is wrong.

In fact, I remember in the early 90s, we had LPA, MPA, and HPA. For "Low", "medium", and "high" pressure tanks. They were 1500, 2500, and 3000psi. This was back when the equipment was super-expensive, and people were looking for cheaper ways to get out of co2.

But the LPA/MPA systems died quickly. They were mostly useless, though for a while the LPA tanks (which are just co2 tanks) were being marketed as "backup air" in the 90s.

Granted, back then we rarely used the term HPA. Everyone said N2, or Nitro

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
They function just fine with regular tanks, the only negative I've ever heard was a claim of less efficiency which I don't buy personally.

There are lots of folks out there that always fall for creative marketing. It's always been that way. Look at the magic box, 20+" barrels, rifled barrels, etc. Lots of "snake oil" out there.
the G6R and victory need it because of the internal seals that run through the marker before the air reaches the HPR. It has nothing to do with efficiency. if you run hihg pressure output tanks, you runt he risk of blowing those seals.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Stupid nelson lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I think one of the biggest misconceptions is that people think HPA stands for "High Pressure Air". Hpa means Hectopascals, which is how the size or volume of the bottles is measured. People hear HPA, but get confused when they hear low pressure right after that.
Huh, thank you for sharing that.

JAWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
the G6R and victory need it because of the internal seals that run through the marker before the air reaches the HPR. It has nothing to do with efficiency. if you run hihg pressure output tanks, you runt he risk of blowing those seals.
****ing dumb bob long. it's 2012...

why is it that tippmann can do high pressure in grip air line years ago and bob long still can't get it right?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

because they used a solid hose through the marker. Same with a mini/axe
Old 05-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

I use my bottles on my low and high pressure guns. They all work the same for me. I use my HP bottle on my ION ,Angel ,MG7 vibe, SP1 with out issues. All my bottles are 0-850 output.

I've never had a problem. Unless there is a marking on my bottles that say different and I've never seen it.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport