mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirhana92 View Post
Don't go into the buy sell trade here...thats the best advice I can give you lol.
He is 110% correct....that place is hell on your wallet.
shooter4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
I agree everyone is correct about Pump. I would have to say decide what type of player you want to be - Forward, Back, Sniper. See what is most common at your field. Me personally, I am moving to pump to save money. My local field is basically a speedball field so I end up having a lot of Speedballers playing woods ball with their electors. There are pros and cons to everything. I am looking forward to pumping even if I am all alone. It'll save me money, weight and never need batteries! I hope I don't regret it - I don't think I will. Hopefully, I'll be able to get more folks pumping.
swantrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
just a thought. if you don't want to go straight to a pump, perhaps try a pistol?

- limited ammo
- no batteries
- can run a remote, or use 12ies (saving on all day air fee)

also, if your field is a FPO deal, try to buy a larger amount than what you need, then store/save it properly. at my local field, a case is about $76, whereas a bag is about $26. I'm probably going to buy a case and that'll last me the rest of the summer.

there were 2 other things i don't know if you've thought of.
- batteries: yes, you don't need to replace them often. but it's just another cost of owning an electro
- hydro testing: if you go to a pump/pistol set up, look for smaller tanks that fall under the 2x2 rule. this will save you a little bit of money from not needing hydro testing.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Spyder3188

You mentioned you are in college?
If they have a student association check and see if there is a paintball club. If there is not... start one! It may take a fair amount of paper work to get started but it can be extremely rewarding. I ran my college's club for 4 years and got to play a ton of paintball on their dime.
Spyder3188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post

I think this was the last on topic post for a new mwmber and he has been reading with very little imput and this post has not been flaming or negative to him or anyone except me after this post and even mine before this other than offering him to car pool to the 5 fields remotly close to this area. Come on guys lets show this new mwmber some respect and not act like kids and go off on tangents and forfet what the title of the post was and where it oes from here like a bunch of kids playing around ! Back on track men and let's not run him off before he even gets started posting or we get so far off topic he will not know that there are a lot of smart members on this forum and if you have a question and it can't be answered here then it probably can;t be fixed COme on stop with the joking around and back like all you guys know you have the ability to do help this young College student out

PLEASE !

uh...2 posts up dude.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
uh...2 posts up dude.
Yeah, buzzard I don't know what you're talking about. There's plenty of good ideas being contributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
High Roller . . . EAR :)

I see what he was talking about. If you go back to post 24 and around there somebody posted and there was some comments on how to save paint. I did think that was rather random and out of the blue, no harm no fowl . I went back and read the post Buzzard noted and they were off topic , like on all forums people have an idea pop into their head and they want to share it and no rhyme or reason to the topic they just want to share info. Looks like to me Buzzard was right on top of it for the post he posted on and didn't read on to see where everybody started talking about saving money again. I am a big boy and I just sorted through what I wanted to read and forgot the junk. Thanks for all the help and Buzzard don't worry I like this forum and if people get off topic OK by me !

I have tried a lot of your ideas but the school has a team but I still have the same issues with buying paint for practice . So now I have to figure this out so I can continue to be the "AXEMAN" although a pump is a start I saw Buzzards Phantom; sick ! I am going with him to that Pro Shop he is telling me about and try to buy a used Tracer with his discount if I could pick one up for $50.00 to $75.00 will be in the pump club. He told me he sux so I hope I can show him e is just to old . . .lol everybody gives him a hard time and calls him grand paw until he shoots them in the head it is a hoot ! I am watching ! Later guys and I am going to spank Buzzard if I get a pump . He is like me except he shoots an old 07 rail and will shoot you if you give that old fart half a chance. Everybody likes him where ever we go and every body knows him also; I guess they built the fields around him and everyone digs on him about him being old but he doesn't act like it he is only 3 miles from where I live and we didn't know one another !
axeman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #28 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Now how do you know I am a dude ? I might be a chick ?
Does it really matter? You just called someone out for being off topic, you should at least try to stay on topic. You can always take it to the PM's

Quote:
Feedback
Old 06-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #29 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman2012 View Post
I see what he was talking about. If you go back to post 24 and around there somebody posted and there was some comments on how to save paint. I did think that was rather random and out of the blue, no harm no fowl . I went back and read the post Buzzard noted and they were off topic , like on all forums people have an idea pop into their head and they want to share it and no rhyme or reason to the topic they just want to share info. Looks like to me Buzzard was right on top of it for the post he posted on and didn't read on to see where everybody started talking about saving money again. I am a big boy and I just sorted through what I wanted to read and forgot the junk. Thanks for all the help and Buzzard don't worry I like this forum and if people get off topic OK by me !

I have tried a lot of your ideas but the school has a team but I still have the same issues with buying paint for practice . So now I have to figure this out so I can continue to be the "AXEMAN" although a pump is a start I saw Buzzards Phantom; sick ! I am going with him to that Pro Shop he is telling me about and try to buy a used Tracer with his discount if I could pick one up for $50.00 to $75.00 will be in the pump club. He told me he sux so I hope I can show him e is just to old . . .lol everybody gives him a hard time and calls him grand paw until he shoots them in the head it is a hoot ! I am watching ! Later guys and I am going to spank Buzzard if I get a pump . He is like me except he shoots an old 07 rail and will shoot you if you give that old fart half a chance. Everybody likes him where ever we go and every body knows him also; I guess they built the fields around him and everyone digs on him about him being old but he doesn't act like it he is only 3 miles from where I live and we didn't know one another !
Quote:
I met this kid he is kewl and we have played at some of the same fields. We both view the fields in a similiar way. I worked yesterday and we both stayed home because he didn't want to get wet. I guess it would have made his make-up run. When I shoot with him on the field I drop back to my POS High end marker and it eats paint like his AXE. A 07 PMR slings lots of paint and is a gas hog. SO AXEMAN and me are trying to save both of us money even as far as saving on fuel. Never thought I would say $3.23 a gal was cheap. I am going to try to get him a job where I work and it is very regulated and a good place to learn pump. I get my Rainman UC Kit this week in the mail and I will post up soon ! Then yall can bust on me about what's wrong with my Phantom !
So does anyone else think that buzzardmarinepumper and axeman2012 are the same man?

Seriously I could understand having a second account, but essentially having a conversation with yourself? What is the point of that?

Quote:
Feedback
Old 06-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

I do it all the time at work of course I'm a security guard at a bank and I'm not supposed to talk to customers or employees of the bank
Aka "wagz" on the field
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport