mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
High Roller . . . EAR :)

I new here and want to learn how to save money and play paintball

Hello fellow ballers I am new here to this forum and I hope some of you ballers can help me with being in college and still play paintball. I need to pinch pennies and I find it hard to even play once a week now that I am in school . I roll with an AXE that is stock , well I have a TechT Bolt and shoot a Freak-Barrel set got my operating psi at 160 and fps at 265 and I like to shoot feet, hoppers, elbows, heads and anything else I see; IMO the AXE rules for the cash out of pocket and the amount of cleaning required. I would guess out of 20 cases I have broken possibly 20 balls with the .689 insert. I can play all day and get buy with a bag or possibly on an off day 2 bags. But the field fees and the paint still on a college students budget .

Paint here in GA. is about the same or with-in $5.00 to $10.00 any where you go and the field fees are about the same about $10.00 difference where ever you go and you get what you pay for in field fees and air quality some fill with Nitrogen and others file with HPA, some are more well organized than other and some are a little more classy than other but you get what you pay for and some times the amount you pay extra means more field time and better refs on the field to face doing crowd control and heard people around in an organized speedy manner.

So if I go Sat. and Sun. to a good field I spend in North GA I spend about $11.0.00 a weekend I play Sat and then finish the case on Sun. $30.00 field fee and all day air each day I drop $110.00 and that is not chump change + I take water with me and throw 3 or 4 sandwitches or 4 or 5 .99 burgers in a sack to eat and drink a little all day long.

How can a guy cut it any closer than that ? Oh ! speedball is out of reach due to the guys spraying so much paint my single shots works but doesn't fit into "Their Game".

Asking dad for paintball money would be an insult has busted his hump so hard to get me this far I would not dare ask him for extra cash ! I pass all my classes and make A's and a B. What is a guy got to do to feed the need ?
axeman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

Play stock class.

Aside from that, don't shoot your target until you have a clear shot on them. Using that principle, a well aimed shot out of a pump gun (or any gun) will give you an elimination every time.

Also, play hopper ball. Will help you shoot less, and become a more effective player. Use the least paint for the most eliminations possible. I would also suggest finding a field that doesn't force you to buy paint every time you come, and that doesn't include all day air in their field fees.

I bring my own air sources every time I go to "my" field (Behind enemy lines, Gastonia NC). I can have days where half my expense is the $4 fill up of co2 at dicks sporting goods.
Gas is also a factor once you eliminate the paint/air/unnecessary fees.

I just recently drove to the field I usually go to, only to find out it was closed. Nothing on the website.
I would suggest you make sure this not happen to you, by calling ahead.

B-17 feedback
B-17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Don't go into the buy sell trade here...thats the best advice I can give you lol.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Christian Baller

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirhana92 View Post
Don't go into the buy sell trade here...thats the best advice I can give you lol.
This and play some pump no tournies!
AnimalX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
battery connoisseur

DO NOT GO TO THE B/S/T section of the forum.

What I do with my spare time:
build hybrid and electric race cars
braelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

do any of your local fields offer monthly memberships? my local field does, 50.00 a month for air and entry.

what paint are you shooting and how much a case is it? generally, i find stores have better prices than the fields.

bringing your own air is also a good option to reduce the cost of playing (seeing if getting it filled at a scuba or air gas shop). also, i would seriously consider dropping it down to one day a week instead of playing saturday and sunday when you do play.

you already bring your own water and food, so nothing to say there.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Buy something that isn't electro. You're paint costs will go doooowwwwn.

Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirhana92 View Post
Oh, how that is so true. I've easily spent over $1000 this year on this site. I'm a lightweight too!
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

Might as well go green... just sayin. (MCB Green, not the well advertised nonsense).

Buy a prius, it'll more than pay for itself over 100k miles

B-17 feedback
B-17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
If youre set on keeping your axe, use a 50rpund hopper on it and just one ball all day. Maybe a sport shot if you feel like burning paint.

Other than that, I suggest you trade your axe for a pump of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport