mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
BUY USED.

Paintball was a sport before it was a business.

That's why we have our B/S/T... (that and it's hard to be a gun whore with no guns TO whore)

Scroll down and take a look!

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I've been prowling through ebay and the BST section here and come to the conclusion that I'm just gonna find a used 'cocker and be done with it for now! I'm familiar with them and since the field I'll be playing at doesn't allow full auto anyways might as well go with a semi-auto that I know how to detail strip and time.

Thanks for the help!
PsychOfMSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychOfMSE View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I've been prowling through ebay and the BST section here and come to the conclusion that I'm just gonna find a used 'cocker and be done with it for now! I'm familiar with them and since the field I'll be playing at doesn't allow full auto anyways might as well go with a semi-auto that I know how to detail strip and time.

Thanks for the help!
Don't forget to pick up a pump kit too for those days when you accidentally forget the cash for more than just one bag of paint!

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
blah blah stuff stuff

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
Mech: Blazer or any cocker, Evol is my fav or a Merlin Works
Come on sniper, how could you forget an Automag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaction View Post
I always just assumed it was magic elves. i mean, it's really the only logical explanation, really.
MCB Feedback AO feedback TechPB feedback PBN feedback
DAVID(GEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Get a Ninja tank. Best tanks on the market. I've owned several and I've never had any problems with them. Plus their customer service is fantastic. I use a 45/45 on cockers and everything else and it works great. But if you're a bigger dude (I'm pretty small, 5'9") then go with a 68/45.

I can't believe no one has said this yet. Get a GOOD mask! Don't go cheap. My favorite masks are the Proto Pro Axis and JT Flexes. Both are pretty reasonable on price. But go to your local proshop and try on all the masks until you find one you like. And make sure it has a thermal lens.

I would also recommend either a Vlocity or Rotor for a hopper. Both are fantastic loaders.

Valken makes nice soft goods at a reasonable price. I got pants, jersey and pack for around $140. But you can save and no get a jersey. I just rock a short sleeve and elbow pads.

As far as barrels go...they are all equally as accurate as the next. For cockers I prefer the Lurker Eigenbarrel. Its $40 and its fantastic. It has TONS of porting and its WAY cheaper than most barrels out there like the Dye Boomstick and the PE Shaft barrels.

Good luck
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

A good HPA tank and a new force feeder (rotor, z2) will render most of your old favorites fairly competitive, especially on a 12-13 bps field. Halos and B2 loaders are pretty good for the prices they are going for, but the newer loaders are very nice. Blind markers run clean (no chops) as long as you maintain the ball stack in the loader and keep it fed.

Off the shelf, the new electros are easy, but you better like it when you pick it up; there's not much alteration or modding involved anymore. For modded markers, there's no end to them around here.

If you like your old markers, there's plenty of them that hold their own just fine.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport