mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 07-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Here's an alternative. Leave the pump at home and use your semi like a pump. When playing, don't fire repeatedly. Fire one shot a second max. If you run into bad trouble, then lay on the trigger to keep yourself in the game, but try to stay at pump firing speed. You won't get the recognition from everyone, but it will help you get better, faster. After you get decent where you don't have to throw paint so much, then bust out the pump.

Trigger control - learn it.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Trigger control - learn it.
i agree

when i play semi.... i use a sportshot or BE 50rd hopper

i get the funniest looks, and i may pod up a couple times in a game.... but i still only shot a pod where other guys shoot 2-3 easy
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Smile lov'n PUMP

I thought i would throw in my 2 cents,Playing my first year pump games ,And love it,Every kill shot is equal to 10 kills with a semi/electro.Before i herd about being a "SNIPER" and i would laugh,but put your self behind a bunker and have 3 guys come at you and relize that every shot counts you mist they get you.Your snap shooting will improve 200% Trust me and if you don't, play all day with your pump and the last two games shoot your electro. GOOD LUCK HANG IN THERE
wixxxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
One of my best friends and playing buddies once said: "Playing pump is the best double standard in the world. If you get shot out, you can say 'Oh well, I'm using a pump.' but if you shoot someone else out, you can jump up and down saying 'Hahaha! I shot you out with a PUMP!.'"

It really makes you work for your eliminations, and it's that much more rewarding knowing you used your brain more than your trigger finger.

When I first got my Phantom, I set up targets in my backyard and practiced snap shooting around our barbecue. I'll still do it every now and then, just using old masks that I've acquired through the ages. Start slow, make sure you get your hits, and slowly work up to where you can snap fast, make the shot, and get back in in a second or two. It takes a TON of practice, but its all worth it in the end, IMO.

Stick with it, and you'll be a crazy fast moving lethality in no time
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShank View Post
One of my best friends and playing buddies once said: "Playing pump is the best double standard in the world. If you get shot out, you can say 'Oh well, I'm using a pump.' but if you shoot someone else out, you can jump up and down saying 'Hahaha! I shot you out with a PUMP!.'"

It really makes you work for your eliminations, and it's that much more rewarding knowing you used your brain more than your trigger finger.

When I first got my Phantom, I set up targets in my backyard and practiced snap shooting around our barbecue. I'll still do it every now and then, just using old masks that I've acquired through the ages. Start slow, make sure you get your hits, and slowly work up to where you can snap fast, make the shot, and get back in in a second or two. It takes a TON of practice, but its all worth it in the end, IMO.

Stick with it, and you'll be a crazy fast moving lethality in no time
Then another playing buddy once said "Cool pump, can I check that out?"

And now he's addicted

Like LilShank said, practice snap shooting a lot.

The smaller a target you use for practice, the easier big targets are. Try practicing with something smaller in size than a mask. If you can consistently hit something the size of, say, a mask lens, soon hitting an entire mask will become easier and easier.

Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
Recball fanatic

4 games and you're starting pump? That's hardcore... took me 3 years before I ventured into pump paintball! LOL

As many people have said before, practice snap-shooting over and over again. You have to approach the game differently than the other players because you can't win on firepower. Movement and flanking are key to my experience. Learn to hit what you aim at (for me this involves getting close as I'm a poor shot LOL). Be sneaky.

Good luck with it!
Chem Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
Pump is fun when you get the hang of it... Takes practice... but so does everything else. But the rewards are so much more than shooting a semi or electro.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

I went paintballing again today. The last time was so discouraging, but I had the best possible situation for my first game today. It was about ten people (two dads and eight kids). I shot three kids, and they all did dramatic death scenes and fell down. At first I was shocked, but they were really into it. Boosted my confidence, and I played reasonable competitively for the rest of the day. Should get a four oz tank this week. I like the size of the twelve gram, but I keep worrying I am running out of air.

Some of the advice on here was very useful today. Figuring out the attention span of the opposing players was a very helpful strategy.
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
they all did dramatic death scenes and fell down.
Hmm. That would have annoyed me a little. When someone is shot, they are supposed to stand up, stick their hands/gun in the air, and yell that they're shot... I woulda automatically assumed it was a bounce and probably would've shot them again lol

Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

I am definitely not advocating death scenes, but it was a small friendly game. I thought maybe I had missed, but when someone falls down backwards, I just figured they were hit. It was pretty funny how they did it.
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport