mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

yea a mask is always the way to go even when not directly on the field I unfortunately had an incident a few years back involving me taking a nap that was interrupted by an airsoft bb ripping through my eyelid bouncing off my nose the inside socket partially detaching my retina then bouncing out. It involved a lot of damage and recovery time, but new respect for eye safety was gained. Now I wear a mask even in staging areas not saying its necessary but it can't hurt. Then again I am accident prone, 23 broken bones( not counting digits), and 7 concussions.
-Duncan
dkv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

Wow. I am going get a pair of safty sunglasses to rock in the dead zone.

My fear is always a noob doing noob things in the dead zone.

The other thing that freaks me out is the thought of a noob unscrewing a bottle and the wrong side unscrewing and kapow. Scary. People have been killed by that such thing.

I have seen it almost happen. Once I caught a kid unscrewing his tank not paying attention and the wrong end was coming out. I stopped him right away. Lucky he didn't get it that far out.

My Feedback
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #23 (permalink)

You are lucky you didn't lose your eye. (I'm not saying you are responsible, it's just that most eye-shot stories I hear involve losing an eye).

I hope your injury heals on it's own. Luckily, if only your lens is injured (I am pretty sure) at the very worst you would need a lens transplant to restore sight to the eye.

*This is the reason why I park VERY far away from the playing areas, and wear my mask when I start getting close
mrfranswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #24 (permalink)

I have been without vision in my left eye for 20 yrs, its sucks when these things happen but its not the end of the world. Lost mine in a carpentry accident. Get what you can for the loss with a lawyer when possible... it allowed me to go back to school and get my degree... kinda changed my life for the better.
ruraldawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme- View Post
I think both of those eye photos are surgically repairable by the right doctors in the right hospital. Torn retina, torn cornea, damaged lens all repairable.
NOT true, it really depends on the severity of the injury, I am well versed in this field. The eye is an organ that cannot regenerate tissue for the most part, except the vitreous (fluid in the eye). Cornea... forget it, we still cant repair this sensitive tissue well. Lens, NOT possible to repair (it will eventually cloud), but you can replace. Retina, = yes, repairable.

Dont ask me how I know all this :-(
Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruraldawgs View Post
NOT true, it really depends on the severity of the injury, I am well versed in this field. The eye is an organ that cannot regenerate tissue for the most part, except the vitreous (fluid in the eye). Cornea... forget it, we still cant repair this sensitive tissue well. Lens, NOT possible to repair (it will eventually cloud), but you can replace. Retina, = yes, repairable.

Dont ask me how I know all this :-(
is it possible for a whole eyeball transplant?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
is it possible for a whole eyeball transplant?
Not yet, they have not figured out the optic nerve re-attachment.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
ur my sister

i do have a coworker who had some parts of his eyes transplanted but i can't remember which ones. we always joked with him that he sees what the donor eye has seen. i think that was a movie premise.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
i do have a coworker who had some parts of his eyes transplanted but i can't remember which ones. we always joked with him that he sees what the donor eye has seen. i think that was a movie premise.
I've read about that before, where somebody got a cornea transplant or something like that and they kept on seeing this one person who turned out to be the murderer of a donor.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #30 (permalink)

cornea

I have a re-attached Retina, donor Cornea but the Iris is torn up and it does not regenerate. No lens. It was shattered.

They tried fitting a high powered contact on it for a while, problem is the eye wondered while it was healing because it wasn't being used (patched). Several eye muscle surgeries didn't help to line it back up. Once the brain dismisses the eye, its adrift forever.
I do see out of the eye but only high contrast objects up to 3-5 ft away. And it kinda gives a ghost image. Life goes on, thats why he gave us 2 eyes !!! Im in my 50's now (and fit), I was 27 when it happened. I thought my world was over... how stupid !

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport