mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 07-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
What does posting mean?
Waiting with your gun up for someone to pop-out. As opposed to snap shooting where you wait in cover, then snap out to take a quick shot.
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

There are many benefits to switching hands in speedball but in the woods it rarely matters.

Examples, running to the left corner. It I better tto have your gun in your left hand reason being is iit puts the gun behind your body and paint is more likely to bounce off you than your bunker, also having your gun in the proper hand allows you to get up and get shots down the tape quicker, if you dive in to the corner with your gun in the correct hand. Also if you run and gun to the corner it looks fand feels goofy to do it with the wrong hand, it also makes you run slower.

Being able to use botth hands also opens more angles for you also. Shooting cross gives you diferent angles then shooting proper, its good to know how to do both. Shooting proper allows you to be tighter while allowing you to change lanes or posts quickly.

Finally being able to switch hands is psrt of playing responsibly. If you are serious about speedball there are good habits thatt you develope that only work when you can switch. Such as keeping your gun up while moving if your moving left, and don't switch then most people run with the gun down. Also if you are headchecking in a tight spot like the snaeke its good to keep your gun crossed to have a chance of trading@ out if someone runs you down when you are looking out the other side

Theres no me in suck but there is always u
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
The "Dixie Cross" as pictured should really be reserved for Q-Loaded/Warp/mag fed setups.
Q-loaded/Warpfeed setups shouldn't really be using the "Dixie Cross" either. On these setups you'd be better served to use Tom Kaye's explanation and put the tank in the center of your chest, and then just rotate it left or right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPLRuEtLUB8
Old 07-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

The more techniques you master the better your game. Not every bunker allows the same shooting position.

feedback

http://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

This is how you get better-

Stand on the field, and find a pole about 60 to 80 feet away. Aim for a spot about chest high, and shoot at it. Switch hands, and try to hit the same spot. At first, you want to go slow and try for accuracy.

You want to "shoulder" your marker, so that the back of the gun is about 5 inches in front of your nose. If it's in your right hand, the gun will naturally lean to the left. If it's in your left hand, it'll naturally lean to the right. This way your loader is hidden behind the bunker.

One rule to remember is - when running to the left, shoot with the left hand. When running to the right, shoot with your right hand.

As you get better at hitting the same spot, start walking to the left, while shooting with your left hand. Once you hit the spot, switch and start walking to the right, shooting with your right hand.

As you get better, start running faster.

Also, you can walk forward, towards your target, and every time you hit the target, switch hands.
TechPB-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is it considered an option to roll (rollout) the gunleft to a 45 angle for shooting left? I did this recently while standing up in a paintball bldg.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.

Last edited by bond commander bond; 07-24-2012 at 08:19 AM.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond commander bond View Post
Is it considered an option to roll (rollout) the gunleft to a 45 angle for shooting left? I did this recently while standing up in a paintball bldg.
Rolling out, or "sliding out" completely depends on what works best for you

There is two ways to judge if it's working-

1) When you do your particular style, are you accurate?
2) When you do your particular style, do you tend to get shot out?

If 1 is yes, and 2 is no, it's working. If you're accurate, and your opponent can't hit you, then obviously that way works best for you.

Either way, you're either going to lead out with your elbow or your loader, but whatever works best for you, go with it.

I tend to do better "sliding out" than rolling out, but that's just me. I've seen people who roll out who are brutal accurate as well
TechPB-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Q-loaded/Warpfeed setups shouldn't really be using the "Dixie Cross" either. On these setups you'd be better served to use Tom Kaye's explanation and put the tank in the center of your chest, and then just rotate it left or right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPLRuEtLUB8
I did not know that was a technique but this is the way I play most of the time.

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."

http://www.tjdcustomhobbies.com
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Tom Kaye's explanation and put the tank in the center of your chest, and then just rotate it left or right.
The rollout I mentioned is like this but keeping the marker shouldered on the right shoulder.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I have always found switching hands a bit difficult however I have been working on it constantly. I find it easiest with my bolt action PG as I can fire it one handed whereas everything else I'm shooting completely off handed and it feels so awkward. basically practice practice practice is all I can say to master this deceptively tough skill

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport