mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

spyder fatty delrin striker

im looking for a Delrin Striker for my spyder SE. it uses a fatty style striker. I know Alamo City Paintball used to sell them, but there gone now. Is there another place i can get one?
thaylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

they're gone?! this makes me sad.

your other choice would have been sundragon but they're gone too.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

well their web site is down. If anyone knows if they are still around or how to contact them plz let me know!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to stupiddogg Send a message via Skype™ to stupiddogg

having used a few of them, I found they were more issues than stock polished fatty. Ill look around I may still have one you are welcome too, but as I said was a tuning nightmare, at least for me.
stupiddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

when you say tuning you mean finding the right spring combination right? or is there more to these strikers then i know?

another newb question. What do you mean stock polished fatty? what does polishing one do?
Old 08-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupiddogg View Post
having used a few of them, I found they were more issues than stock polished fatty. Ill look around I may still have one you are welcome too, but as I said was a tuning nightmare, at least for me.
Ive never had a problem with my Alamo Fatty Delrin sleeved striker had it since they came out several years ago.

@ Thaylog- By polishing a stock striker you slides through the gun with less friction and increases efficiency a little. People also removed some of the weight by cutting part of the striker and cupping the face of it around the raised portion on the front with a dremel. Thats What SunDragonSPPS did with there strikers. Wish i never sold mine it was a nice striker.
darkspidie1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

it actually increases efficiency by a lot. i had a 5-10fps jump from polishing my internals of my old spyder iirc, but it was a long time ago.

i suggest polishing yours, just make sure the sear interface doesn't get rounded from the polishing, and that the front knub doesn't get shortened. use high grit sandpaper like 600ish lightly, then buff it with some polishing material, i think i used brasso but only because i couldn't find "mothers mag" that other people suggested.

if your bolt is aluminum, i suggest polishing that too. for both that and the striker you only need to polish the surfaces that glide against the body. ideally you should even find a delrin bolt. that would have low friction without any polishing.

cupping the front face is always supicious to me, it's a pressurized chamber the o-rings are going to seal it no matter what shape your front face is, yet some people swear by it.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I always found it amusing back in the day when Alamo City Paintball (ACP) was making aftermarket spyder bolts and strikers very similar to the ones we developed and marketed as ACP (Apocalypse Custom Paintball). We got some good word around via forums about the developments but never had a solid way of manufacturing many of them (especially the "magnum" strikers), I'm glad they got to capitalize for a while off the confusingly similar name abbreviations

I'm sure I've still got drawings for these parts somewhere... they were my earliest products I developed for market, about 10 years ago now.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I always found it amusing back in the day when Alamo City Paintball (ACP) was making aftermarket spyder bolts and strikers very similar to the ones we developed and marketed as ACP (Apocalypse Custom Paintball). We got some good word around via forums about the developments but never had a solid way of manufacturing many of them (especially the "magnum" strikers), I'm glad they got to capitalize for a while off the confusingly similar name abbreviations

I'm sure I've still got drawings for these parts somewhere... they were my earliest products I developed for market, about 10 years ago now.
weren't you making the blue bolt? i think you discontinued it right before i joined the sport.

you can always make avratech spyder strikers. maybe even avratech valve spring adjuster like that one on the azodin?
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

the blue bolt was one of many little developments we had going, yea. honestly, I don't enjoy making parts and accessories as much as I do making markers, and parts/accessories for those markers
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport