mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   Hello my name is doug and im addicted (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/210715-hello-my-name-doug-im-addicted.html)

Dougefreshe 08-11-2012 11:07 PM

Hello my name is doug and im addicted

Hello everyone.
Was on cl yesterday and saw a gun i had never seen,but 2 seconds after seeing it i knew i had to have it. (tried to post pics but wasnt able to).
I left the house with wife and 6 kids within 30 seconds after talking to the seller.
Flew 30 miles and bought the gun with extra barrel for 50$. Got home searched nova 700 and wam found this place.
After spending the night here reading im pretty sure im now an expert on these guns.
At least till i actually start trying to clean and get the gun working. Then my true talent will prevail. And it ends up in a box below my dye autocc project.
And above my 2 other guns im gonna fix box.
So hopefully you guys will make sure this doesnt happen.
Allright gonna stop rambling.
Thx and look forward to getting this working.
Doug

Hawkeye20 08-11-2012 11:09 PM

Welcome to MCB! :D

boltaction 08-12-2012 12:38 AM

Oh, you thought CL was bad? Don't venture below the "paintball teams" subsection of MCB. We keep the expensive parts way down low. It's scary down there. Scary and expensive.

foughtwolf 08-12-2012 12:40 AM

You arent a real MCB member unless at any given moment you have more broken/parts guns than working ones.

So welcome. :D

pk5 08-12-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougefreshe (Post 2441296)
Hello everyone.
Was on cl yesterday and saw a gun i had never seen,but 2 seconds after seeing it i knew i had to have it. (tried to post pics but wasnt able to).
I left the house with wife and 6 kids within 30 seconds after talking to the seller.
Flew 30 miles and bought the gun with extra barrel for 50$. Got home searched nova 700 and wam found this place.
After spending the night here reading im pretty sure im now an expert on these guns.
At least till i actually start trying to clean and get the gun working. Then my true talent will prevail. And it ends up in a box below my dye autocc project.
And above my 2 other guns im gonna fix box.
So hopefully you guys will make sure this doesnt happen.
Allright gonna stop rambling.
Thx and look forward to getting this working.
Doug

This place isn't going to cure your addiction.

Dougefreshe 08-12-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltaction (Post 2441389)
Oh, you thought CL was bad? Don't venture below the "paintball teams" subsection of MCB. We keep the expensive parts way down low. It's scary down there. Scary and expensive.

Lol just spent an hour in there and found 1 that is #1 on my list.
Also saw a nicer phantom than the 1 i got last week for a better price.

Now i gotta find a way to buy here without the wife knowing.
Im banned from ebay already. And she is getting close to
Banning cl.

Hawkeye20 08-12-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougefreshe (Post 2441443)
Now i gotta find a way to buy here without the wife knowing.
Im banned from ebay already. And she is getting close to
Banning cl.

Set up an offshore bank account.

Send a small (5 or so) percentage of your monthly income to this bank account.

Within a few months you'll have enough to buy some stuff.

Use google chrome.

Only open MCB in the "Incognito Window". This way you don't even have to worry about deleting browsing history.

Have items you've purchased sent somewhere that is not your residence--such as a parent's house, or a friend's house.

When the wife asks where you got it, tell her you found an ad on craigslist for "Free Paintball Gear". Make up a story that it was some woman that left her husband and he didn't take his gear, so she wanted to ditch it. But, she didn't know how to price it, so she just gave it away.

We tend to be experts here.

tjd10684 08-12-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 (Post 2441446)

When the wife asks where you got it, tell her you found an ad on craigslist for "Free Paintball Gear". Make up a story that it was some woman that left her husband and he didn't take his gear, so she wanted to ditch it. But, she didn't know how to price it, so she just gave it away.

We tend to be experts here.

These sound like the words of a man who has done this a few times :LMAO:

Hawkeye20 08-12-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjd10684 (Post 2441593)
These sound like the words of a man who has done this a few times :LMAO:

Nah, not yet :D

Gotta be old enough to have a wife first.

Then, yes :ROTFL:

Tugboater203 08-12-2012 02:03 PM

Only buy black guns, my wife can't tell them apart so if she sees one I say "this old thing? It's been around a while."