mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Rotor is heavy but solid

If u play where paint is small dont buy it.

Proph is good just weird sometimes

Spire looks sick

I will say I never had a problem withmy proph but I've used rotors with small paint. Sub .680 and it jammed a lot. But U can rip it apart fast
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I used my rotor with the tiny-*** paint (.667 ish) and it worked fine. Rotor all the way.

Shiner 2 Ego11 For Sale, Misc Paintball Gear and Non-paintball sale

I run a Wasteland server, come play!
www.edengrounds.org
Teamspeak IP: ts.edengrounds.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

Downsides to the rotor are lower capacity (paint can get wasted podding up), and it's heavy. Mine only jams on misshapen low quality paint. I ditch my proph in favor of the rotor due to durability issues, the z2 improves on this though.

Still want more feedback on the spire though
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
Downsides to the rotor are lower capacity (paint can get wasted podding up), and it's heavy. Mine only jams on misshapen low quality paint. I ditch my proph in favor of the rotor due to durability issues, the z2 improves on this though.

Still want more feedback on the spire though
I agree with you completely. I love my rotor, it has proven itself to me over and over again. Of course in stock form it doesn't have the capacity as the Pinokio or Z2 but with the high cap. top you gain some. Still in my mind if you want more paint in your loader, that is what pods are for. I think it is kind of silly trying to have this huge monstrosity of a hopper on top of your marker all because you are too lazy to carry some pods out with you. To each there own, but a little common sense might prevail and help in making your decision.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
The way i'm seeing it now. I rather spend 30-50 bucks on a used velocity than spend 140 or so on a z2. Both have that plasticy feeling plastic, while the rotor has almost a rubbery feeling denser plastic, the z2's look like if you drop them hard they'd crack open.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

I love the v-max, which I know nobody has mentioned here, but it's nice and durable with the quick disassemble (easier than a rotor) and the internals of a pinokio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
ewe
Rec Poster

rotor all the way. easiest to clean and take apart, not small parts to lose, nearly idestructible. if worried about capacity, get a high capacity top to replace the stock top. makes it about 275 ball capacity i think.
ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
I love the v-max, which I know nobody has mentioned here, but it's nice and durable with the quick disassemble (easier than a rotor) and the internals of a pinokio.
i had the WORST experience with a vmaxx

the lid would not stay shut.

mid game? pops open.
mid run? pops open.
set your gun down? pops open.
look at it funny? pops open.

maybe with the speedfeed on it, it wouldnt do it.... but that lid was so brutal
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Our field had a batch of vmaxes that would chop the hell out of paint, dont know how but it did, no matter which marker you put it on, would chop when you'd run low on paint.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Our field had a batch of vmaxes that would chop the hell out of paint, dont know how but it did, no matter which marker you put it on, would chop when you'd run low on paint.
A lot of hoppers can do that these days, when there's no paint to hold a ball down in the breech, it bounces off the bottom of the breech a tiny bit back up into the feedneck. Since it hit to bottom of the breech, the eyes register it and tell the marker to fire, but when the marker fires that ball is halfway out of the breech. My rotor does it on some guns with some paint. Planet Eclipse has the patented "Deftek" feedneck on all their markers that is offset by a few millimeters from the center specifically for this purpose. Seems to work well.

Issues I've seen with the Vmax are the lid, and it couldn't hold a 12 BPS lane. It could do burst of speed up to 20 BPS, but couldn't hold that BPS at all, its constant feed rate wouldn't keep up with standard tourney ramps.

I saw a few Rotors torn open on the MAO webcast... always seem to see more of them fail than the Z2's, but mine always works well. Only saw Houston Heat have to tear open one Spire... not sure if thats a good track record or not.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport