mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
The spire was tore up b.c he didn't put it back together right before the game
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
I run a rotor, my buddy used a vmax but was outshooting it easily on semi and 12.5 PSP3. He uses a magna now and doesn't have any problems with it keeping up. Used halos are still a decent option, especially if you invest in the XeonPB kit for them.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
what put me off about the Vmax was watching the Valken dealer at NPPL Hb a few years back prior to it's release, try and quickly tear it down and put it back together. he had issues and not minor ones but issues where the shells would not line up properly and wires getting in the way. The Rotor has no wires to get in your way and is damn near impossible for the shells to get misaligned when being put back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #24 (permalink)

Whats wrong with your halo? lol

PeaTear_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
what put me off about the Vmax was watching the Valken dealer at NPPL Hb a few years back prior to it's release, try and quickly tear it down and put it back together. he had issues and not minor ones but issues where the shells would not line up properly and wires getting in the way. The Rotor has no wires to get in your way and is damn near impossible for the shells to get misaligned when being put back together.
lol i met him too....

it wouldnt turn off when he was doing his demo for us!

he also promised a low capacity shell for pumpers (we were a valken sponsored pump team...) never happened
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

I love my Z2, but disassembly can be finicky. I'm looking at the Spire, but waiting a bit longer for the 1st gen bugs to get worked out.

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have tied a lot of hopper over the years but I have 4 rotors right now. If I needed another hopper for some reason I guarantee it would be another rotor. I might try out a spire but like snake sniper said I would wait until some of the gen1 bugs come to light and are worked out.

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

I picked up 2 used rotors and they usually work well, though I have had them jam such that even pulling on the jam release trigger didn't help. This on more than one occasion, after making sure they were spotless, and had new, quality batteries in them. Not sure if it was the paint, or the user as several times they were being loaned out while I used one of my rip clips. I did have this happen to me a few times with each one, so I have not used them as much, though I still carry at least one as a loaner. I even purchased the Virtue Rotor Soft Cycle Arm without a major difference. There was some, but not much. BTW, if anyone has any other suggestions, please PM me.

I have a Z2 that I also picked up used and it has worked well - unlike the above. Only possible concerns with the Z2: 1) Wiggles somewhat when full, even with the feedneck clamped down tightly - not the case with my old prophecies with the metal ring. 2) 4 batteries vs 3 for Rotor 3) plastic is much closer to the Rotor consistency, but thinner, so it could break before a rotor would. It is a VAST improvement over the previous prophecy's plastic (I have 2 older prophecies with only the aluminum feedneck since the plastic around the feedneck broke off).

My MCB Feedback
longhornjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornjake View Post
I picked up 2 used rotors and they usually work well, though I have had them jam such that even pulling on the jam release trigger didn't help. This on more than one occasion, after making sure they were spotless, and had new, quality batteries in them. Not sure if it was the paint, or the user as several times they were being loaned out while I used one of my rip clips. I did have this happen to me a few times with each one, so I have not used them as much, though I still carry at least one as a loaner. I even purchased the Virtue Rotor Soft Cycle Arm without a major difference. There was some, but not much. BTW, if anyone has any other suggestions, please PM me.

I have a Z2 that I also picked up used and it has worked well - unlike the above. Only possible concerns with the Z2: 1) Wiggles somewhat when full, even with the feedneck clamped down tightly - not the case with my old prophecies with the metal ring. 2) 4 batteries vs 3 for Rotor 3) plastic is much closer to the Rotor consistency, but thinner, so it could break before a rotor would. It is a VAST improvement over the previous prophecy's plastic (I have 2 older prophecies with only the aluminum feedneck since the plastic around the feedneck broke off).
Back out your tension a half a turn or until it is flush with the battery box, helped me allot and allot of people are not aware the Rotor has adjustable tension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

the only time I have had a problem with mine was with scrappy GIANT paint. when I say giant the ram of my cocker would not close the paint onto the breach. and if I helped it it would crush and blow up in the barrel. I tried different hoppers different guns. nope the paint was just that bad. I just gave it away to some kid and left that day.

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport