mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Habs fan!

CCM Fan
All of my rotors have hated me... Like longhornjake my rotor jams so much that it is unusable in rec ball let alone tournements. The weird thing is that when i lend it out it works fine. I am truly starting to believe that i have some kind of a curse with dye products as none have ever worked well for me. Your halo should keep up fine with your mini, and they are very reliable so i would recommend saving your money and sticking with that. But if you really want to upgrade pop a rip drive on your halo and perhaps a new board.
Studwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
The biggest plus for me on the rotor is the fact that it's partially "dumb". No eyes, no sound activation, no g force sensor, just a tension sensor and when it gets to a certian point it stops and when the tension is relieved it starts spinning. That's the biggest plus for me, and the main reason i like the virtue hopper, sure it has a bump sensor, but no "anti jam technology" just spins.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studwiser View Post
All of my rotors have hated me... Like longhornjake my rotor jams so much that it is unusable in rec ball let alone tournements. The weird thing is that when i lend it out it works fine. I am truly starting to believe that i have some kind of a curse with dye products as none have ever worked well for me. Your halo should keep up fine with your mini, and they are very reliable so i would recommend saving your money and sticking with that. But if you really want to upgrade pop a rip drive on your halo and perhaps a new board.
I have the same problem with Halos. I have burned up/broken/had catch on fire/self destruct more than a dozen of them. I was relieved to have the Rotor come out, as I have been using one without any problems for the last year or two.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Back out your tension a half a turn or until it is flush with the battery box, helped me allot and allot of people are not aware the Rotor has adjustable tension.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I remembered reading somewhere that they were adjustable. I usually end up making things worse when I move away from the factory setting - though, whose to say they weren't already messed with,and what could it hurt? Famous last words.

My MCB Feedback
longhornjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #35 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Back out your tension a half a turn or until it is flush with the battery box, helped me allot and allot of people are not aware the Rotor has adjustable tension.
Here's a Youtube link demonstrating the procedure. It's really simple once you know where to look:

Rotor tension adjustment - YouTube

Just did this to both rotors. One was too far in and the other was significantly sticking out. Will have to see what happens now.

My MCB Feedback

Last edited by longhornjake; 08-22-2012 at 01:49 AM.
longhornjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 AM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornjake View Post
Here's a Youtube link demonstrating the procedure. It's really simple once you know where to look:

Rotor tension adjustment - YouTube

Just did this to both rotors. One was too far in and the other was significantly sticking out. Will have to see what happens now.
I already know how to do it but yea it is an easy procedure to do and a good resource to post for those unfamiliar with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #37 (permalink)
RUN IT ON LIQUID!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShank View Post
I run a rotor, my buddy used a vmax but was outshooting it easily on semi and 12.5 PSP3. He uses a magna now and doesn't have any problems with it keeping up. Used halos are still a decent option, especially if you invest in the XeonPB kit for them.
I was the one having the problems with the vmax. I would keep having stalls half way thru a lane. I thought it was me not being able to run my trigger right. I put my friend"s rotor on my gun and it changed everything! I was shooting lanes no big deal and not having any stalls. The next day I went to my local shop traded it out for a Magna with a sound activated board (because I didn't have the money for a rotor) and I had better luck with that than the vmax, kind of sad in my opinion.

I'm running a rotor now and I won't go back to anything else. All though I'm interested in seeing how the spire works out. Maybe after the first year of it being out I'll look a little harder into it.

MCB Feedback
resistance16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #38 (permalink)
Praise the sun!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Pick up a Pinokio for the sole purpose of turning heads while you lug half a case of paint onto the field with you! Think of the never ending streams of paint that will spray out of your barrel... Pods are a thing of the past with the Pinokio loader!

I've never actually used anything besides my Pinokio, it's a few years old but still works great without a single without a hiccup... Freakin' ugly though!

Have a nice day!
CCM'd KAPP Water Splash Sniper FS/T
My YouTube Channel
My Feedback
+9
/ 0 / -0
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
Spach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
Hand of Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spach View Post
Pick up a Pinokio for the sole purpose of turning heads while you lug half a case of paint onto the field with you! Think of the never ending streams of paint that will spray out of your barrel... Pods are a thing of the past with the Pinokio loader!

I've never actually used anything besides my Pinokio, it's a few years old but still works great without a single without a hiccup... Freakin' ugly though!
I've had my Pinokio for a few years and had my FIRST and ONLY jam this year. They are great loaders functionality wise. They always work. That's all you notice about Rotors, is when they jam. They might be awesome at everything else, but damn! I agree, the Pinokio is kinda bulbous and not the best looking loader out there. You can't argue with how light they are either. And who really uses the nose cone? Mine is brand new still sitting in the box.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
i've never had a rotor jam....
i've only had it go down when the batteries were dead.

all 3 rotors i've owned were perfect
the 1 rotor my little bro has jammed a few times.... but nothin disastrous

i did order a spire, its not here yet, but im gettin excited to try it
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport