mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
I'm going to actually go against the grain of the comments on this thread. When I'm playing against a bunch of speedballers, I tend to stay at bunkers longer than if I'm playing against pumpers. I like to wait until they try to move up or just switch sides of their bunker before I snap out at them. I will fully admit that I do not have the skill to go full stock class and run around these guys. But with my MSC Phantom I can at least hold my own.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you are training SPECIFICALLY to get as good as possible in standard tournament play, stick with your Etha. If you need to shoot less paint for financial reasons, that's a self control issue. You should not have to limit yourself in a physical way. If you still find it to be a problem, put a gravity fed loader. You want to retain the same setup profile. Switching to pump will NOT NECESSARILY help your normal-gun play. You will develop a different style of play and it will actually be detrimental to developing a "normal gun" style.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
Just play like always - you will be fine.

1) Never go toe to toe with an electro. i always do when i play speedball, used my phantom for years, now i have my t2. held my own well on the field against d1 - d3 players from my local fields
2) Let them forget about you - and kill. this helps a lot.... play opossum if you will and pretend you are not much due to your pump, and then kill them
3) Rely on your snap shooting skills - then you can kill - if you can't - GET BETTER. this! practice it, harness it... BE it!
4) Never come out of the same spot too many times - play all edges of the bunker (except the top - and even that can be played now and again). this
5) Don't think your AT makes you an electro - it doesn't. Shoot lanes with it off the break - and shoot people in the open with it - other than that - forget it. never rely on your AT. Follow what TF says

You will get it.

TF
Just my input based upon what TF said. Just don't get intimidated and never hesitate (this goes for regardless of what you are shooting at the time)

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I play pump in all field types against all types of markers and players. The only time i feel outgunned is against good players with electros (i dont just mean anyone with an electronic marker i mean a truly good player with one). Just play smart and you will do fine, if they underestimate you due to your pump gun then its good news for you.

Playing smart is the key to success no matter what you carry.
crazyorigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSGSplatmaster View Post
If you are training SPECIFICALLY to get as good as possible in standard tournament play, stick with your Etha. If you need to shoot less paint for financial reasons, that's a self control issue. You should not have to limit yourself in a physical way. If you still find it to be a problem, put a gravity fed loader. You want to retain the same setup profile. Switching to pump will NOT NECESSARILY help your normal-gun play. You will develop a different style of play and it will actually be detrimental to developing a "normal gun" style.
I see what you are saying here. However, I don't see myself playing any big tournaments or anything like that. It's mainly for a change of pace at my local field, and because I want to play speedball. They do have beginner and rookie tourneys every once in awhile. But, they are capped at 10, and are for exactly that: beginner tourney players. If anything, I could see myself playing in a serious ump tourney or series, but that kind of thing isn't very big where I am.

I bought the Etha because I thought I would need it to play in that format. However, now I am questioning it, which brings me here. I just like my pump better. I know exactly how they work (mechanicaly) and how to troubleshoot/tune them. Plus, I have just grown accustomed to them, and don't necessarily want to get into the electro world. I hope this clears up my position a bit more.

I look forward to your continued advice! What I have seen so far is great. Thank you!
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Just think, play pump a while and after a bit you'll be so good that you'll start wearing all kinds of goofy junk to draw more attention to yourself.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Pretty much every time I play it's airball vs. semis.

For me it's all about timing and commitment. You've got to pick your timing carefully, but when I move I tend to make big moves with a big payoff. Even if I don't make things happen myself, it tends to grab attention and let other guys on my side get things done.

Qui Audet Adipiscitur
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
That Colorado Pump Guy

CCM Fan
my advice is sell the etha and invest the money towards a nice CCM and youll never look back and save money in the long run, although knowing this forum you may lose a ton because of all the beautiful guns floating around here.
colorado719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado719 View Post
my advice is sell the etha and invest the money towards a nice CCM and youll never look back and save money in the long run, although knowing this forum you may lose a ton because of all the beautiful guns floating around here.
I have come to the very same conclusion.

Thanks everyone for your help.
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
noooooo lol, keep atleast one semi gun. There will be days where you want to break your pump in half due to things just not going your way. It's better to salvage the day with a semi than be mad using a pump.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport