mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

3357s aren't fantastic guns, to be honest. A modernized pistol would be able to get up to 300FPS consistently, I'd hope.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

3357s are complete crap! you could not give me one of those damn guns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
3357s are complete crap! you could not give me one of those damn guns.
I've heard that before, but they still seem to sell well above minimum prices. Someone likes them for some reason. I don't know what it is.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

They're cheaply made, marginally effective and underpowered, but they sure are cool to look at!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

The only .50 gun I've ever seen used on a field was the 3357 I briefly owned a couple years back.
I was shooting Kingman .50 slate through it, which was actually the most brittle paint I've ever seen. The stuff was breaking on green leaves.
Unfortunately, it was also blowing up in the chamber, though whether this was the gun or the paint I can't say.

I ended up selling the gun and the paint.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think the splatmaster series was the smartest thing anyone has done with an "odd caliber" like 50 cal

I honestly think there will be case studies in Marketing college courses about how terrible 50 cal was marketed when it first came out. Such much wasted money and potential

I think the splatmaster is a cool product, sure beats the gotcha gun I had in the late 1980's LOL
Old 09-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
Slayer of Care Bears

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I think the splatmaster series was the smartest thing anyone has done with an "odd caliber" like 50 cal

I honestly think there will be case studies in Marketing college courses about how terrible 50 cal was marketed when it first came out. Such much wasted money and potential

I think the splatmaster is a cool product, sure beats the gotcha gun I had in the late 1980's LOL
That is going to be a terrible class. But I have to agree that it was awful marketing. The lies and hype should be saved forever
Old 09-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

^^^ if they would have just said-

"This is going to be a new format, designed for new players and beginner groups... to lessen the sting and to lessen the bruises... OR for advanced players that don't mind trading range for capacity...."

It would have done MUCH better. Then, when paintball players start whining -

"Well hurrr.... you don't get the range of .68!!!" - no kidding, they already said that. You lose range, but you gain capacity

"Well hurrr..... the splat is not as big!!!" - no kidding, it's smaller so there is less impact and a smaller bruise for the beginner/first time player

I was so excited when .50 cal first came out... then when I saw that happened with the 3 different companies all pulling it different directions (KEE, Kingman & GI Milsim), I just shook my head in disgust.

At least KEE is doing something with it. I tell ya, that "splatmaster" ammo is EXTREMELY brittle. It does not like shooting out of either my PE Ego 11 w/ 50 cal Kit @ 300fps, or my Nano @ 300fps. If you crank the velocity above 200fps with this new splatmaster 50 cal brittle shell, it just shreds apart.. Through the splatmaster it's perfect, not so much with a normal 50 cal gun

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport