mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Are.50 cal making in roads to the paintball world ?

Seems like it makes sense given the cost difference and the less stinging feeling my blubber gets. Just wondering.
Lightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Not really considering I have never even seen a 50 cal gun in person. And I live in chicago, lots of happenings going on here but not that.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

They failed to put them in sidearms, where they'd make the most sense.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
They failed to put them in sidearms, where they'd make the most sense.
in a brief moment of confusion I nosed around the internet.. found 50 cal paint for $30 for 2000 rounds.... ok. so is JT toxic. so this don't move me.

punisherpb has a few guns listed: all kingsman and gi milsim and all semi.. pass, pass and pass.

$20 for 2000 rounds and something resembling a simple phantom or sniper and I MIGHT give it another thought. an inexpensive aluminum 50 cal 12g revolver would probably get my attention as well.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Seemed like a step in the right direction but I'm not too familiar with the sporting politics at all. .50 would sure give me more rounds in my hopper ! Let alone the cost savings.
Lightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I believe if they marketed it as an "alternative" or a second type of ammo they might have succeeded, would have been nice for sidearms and the such like someone said.

Problem it was marketed as "the new age of paintball" basically making people think if this took off, all of your old .68 cal stuff would be obsolete and you'd be buying all new guns.

and like someone above said, the price wasn't enough to sway people, If i'm going to get a ball that does less overall than .68, i want more of them for the same or less price.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I might have worked in side arms... But it was already tried with .43 caliber - didn't take off. KEE tried it with .55 caliber. - didn't take off. Heck didn't work with .50 caliber when it came out originally in the 1980's.

.60 caliber eventually failed.

The .63 caliber football shape never took off either.

the .80 caliber from Brass Eagle was a flop.

WHY????????

Where to fields make money? Paint sales. What's the best paint? Fresh paint.

Now why would a field waste money, hold some odd calibers that very few use, eventually sell it, to only get bad mouthed for having old bouncy paint? I mean, hell, I hear that complaint about standard .68 caliber paint if it's been sitting for a month.

It doesn't make sense for a field to even bother with the odd sizes. It's why they all fail eventually. Not enough market to have fresh. You don't want to bother with old paint, so people ditch the odd calibers back for .68

Everyone keeps trying, but you just can't get around that one fact. It's a waste of money for the fields to keep odd sizes in inventory. It will go old, people will complain about the paint, and the field will get a bad name for something that's not really their fault. There's just no market. So the best option for them is to not carry it at all.
google.com/+CarterBrown75
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
I've used the gi milsim 50 cal guns and paint

I shot my self and it bounced

Range isn't there. Only breaks on goggles or guns
Isn't much cheaper if any

Only cool part was carrying 3-400 rounds in a loader
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
...also, it does not fly as far...
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I might have worked in side arms... But it was already tried with .43 caliber - didn't take off. KEE tried it with .55 caliber. - didn't take off. Heck didn't work with .50 caliber when it came out originally in the 1980's.

.60 caliber eventually failed.

The .63 caliber football shape never took off either.

the .80 caliber from Brass Eagle was a flop.

WHY????????

Where to fields make money? Paint sales. What's the best paint? Fresh paint.

Now why would a field waste money, hold some odd calibers that very few use, eventually sell it, to only get bad mouthed for having old bouncy paint? I mean, hell, I hear that complaint about standard .68 caliber paint if it's been sitting for a month.

It doesn't make sense for a field to even bother with the odd sizes. It's why they all fail eventually. Not enough market to have fresh. You don't want to bother with old paint, so people ditch the odd calibers back for .68

Everyone keeps trying, but you just can't get around that one fact. It's a waste of money for the fields to keep odd sizes in inventory. It will go old, people will complain about the paint, and the field will get a bad name for something that's not really their fault. There's just no market. So the best option for them is to not carry it at all.
As a field owner I can confirm your thoughts Carter. The only way this might change if something like the Splatmaster catches on for younger players and fields have fresh (breakable) .50 cal around.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport