mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 10-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
camocow200

A major part of A N S stuff was made by LAPCO along with parts for a bunch other makers under different labels...

Ebay, camocow200 (625)+
MCB 275 +

Last edited by woouulf; 10-24-2012 at 02:46 PM.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
A major part of A N S stuff was made by LAPCO along with parts for a bunch other makers under different labels...
This makes sense. Their store is, or at was, located in Simi Valley CA. I never owned one of their full out cockers but have and still use their parts. When I visited their store in '95 I got the impression that personally they were pompous @ssholes.
spydrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallen702 View Post
They've always struck me as being flashy but mechanically unreliable.

Your flashy-yet-standard to sub-standard performance parts companies were/are ANS...
Correct for the most part...except for the Quickfire. That was one of the most badass and awesome slider frames I've ever fired.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Don't forget that they also made a race frame/kit. It is a pretty cool electronic frame which I believe is based on the eclipse hinge frame. I have two, and like both! They seem to be pretty well built.
Pat.

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave.
I don't wanna die, I'm a god, why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies, all around is laid waste.
And in my last hour,
I'm a slave to the power of death.
p-bpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-bpat View Post
Don't forget that they also made a race frame/kit. It is a pretty cool electronic frame which I believe is based on the eclipse hinge frame. I have two, and like both! They seem to be pretty well built.
Pat.
They copied the Eclipse hinge frame and put RaceGun's tech (which they bought out) in it.

ANS's stuff, especially their cocker stuff, isn't too bad; I just despise the look of their HPRs.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
The company is horrible. Bought a new gun from them, it came to me broken. Called them up and sent it back for repairs (my dime). They "fixed" it 3 weeks later and CHARGED ME FOR LABOR, PARTS AND RETURN SHIPPING ON A BRAND NEW GUN!!!! Got my gun back and guess what, it was still broken. Called them back and they said I should buy a different gun, no refund, no exchange, just buy another gun. BTW the guy said cockers were for dinosaurs on the phone when I asked about parts! ANS parts... deservers thier nickname.

To answer your question, there is a reason that ans cockers run cheap. They are ok.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Okay guys you are all talking about very different ANS's

They are all the same company, but ANS has changed in major ways throughout the years.

ANS gear as an unreliable website does not neccesarily reflect the quality of the components they made.

Like all companies..every component needs to be evaluated individually. The Jackhammer reg was only better than the sledgehammer because it was externally adjustable. Its basically the same besides that. The Mini ram is great, its a clippard or other big dog pneumatic ram company brand ram with an ANS logo on it (most of the best paintball rams are not built from the ground up for paintball but rather are sourced from the pneumatic industry..which makes the most sense)

Their trigger frames were as good as most decent aluminum .45 frame, they are as good as the components you put in them basically.

Over all I would agree with the earlier post that compared them to WGP in quality.

I don't think Lapco made much if anything for ANS. Certainly nothing ANS put out there was good enough for lapco to put its name on it. Maybe some small parts like timing rods, possible their 3 way, cocking rods.

Most people know ANS as the ANS I am describing, the guys behind the Gen X3 autococker mainly. Here is an article about the Gen X 1 http://www.mcarterbrown.com/ravi/Art...ANS_Gen-X.html which is a little earlier in their history. My favorite quote "At an out-the-door price of only $799, the ANS Generation-X Autococker is awfully hard to dislike. This is a HUGE amount of stuff for the money. This ’gun is definitely a value leader in Autocockers, and ANS is working hard to get the price down even further!"

Maybe ANS worked too hard at that ; )

Last edited by Cunha; 11-01-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ok let's start the History lessen folks.

Army Navy Surplus started in Santa Clarita off Sierra Hwy as pretty much new/used Military gear in the late 80's.
As Paintball products grew, they started stocking specific pb soft goods and making after market Autococker parts. The machinist was Sergi (back to him later). They also stocked skateboard products.

The son of the original owner took over and focused on pb only.
His name is Jack, hence the jackhammer reg name. Sergi did all his machining and production of the GenX series autocockers.
Business was good so Jack sold the store location and moved to Simi Valley. The first Simi Valley location was off Stearns.
Sergi still did his machining but he and his father also had aerospace jobs at their Golden Valley location and lessened their pb involvement for a while.
Jack saw the promised land in online ordering and went big with the current warehouse location on the North end of Simi Valley where he moved to.
He changed the name to the more recognizable ANSgear.com

In case anyone wondered, he's making huge aquisitions by having bought out Action Village and another bike company like Superbike or Gobike something or another.

Sergi returned to the pb scene by buying the rights to LAPCO and is doing well from what I heard with new products and innovations.

Gilly
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

i pick ans cocker parts over any wgp

i refuse to buy from ans now, return policy suck. they want me to send it to the manufacture if i buy a defective product from them.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
i learned an interesting secret at Decay of nations.. Lapco is responsible for alot of the aftermarket cockerbodies that we know and love.. including the Twister and the RDL

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport