mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 11-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ANSGear is the BEST retailer in paintball

They ship, over 800 packages per day

People buy a factory sealed marker from ANSGear, and when it doesn't work, they blame... who?

They blame ANSGEAR!!! Not the company that built, assembled, tested and packaged the marker, they blame the retailer.

The problems with paintball products that don't work out of the box, lie in the hands of the manufacturers, not the retailer. Take that same product, and put it on the shelf of any other retails (punishers, shop4paintball, zephyr, etc) and the problem is still the same.

They include a huge "contact" sheet that tells you the customer service contacts of every single manufacturer in paintball. Also, in the manual of the products, they also tell you "Don't contact the retailer with any problems or concerns, contact the manufacturer".

If you buy an Axe from a retailer, and the Axe doesn't work out of the box, you do one of two things-

1) Call the retailer, who has no resources to fix the gun, and will charge you to fix the gun
2) Call the manufacturer, who will warranty your gun

ANSGear bought paintballgear.com aka actionvillage.com, they obviously have to be doing something right.

Resolution of the problem, usually lies in the intelligence of the consumer.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

From what I understand mike, is that they are good until you get shipped the wrong item, or wish to return something.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post

People buy a factory sealed marker from ANSGear, and when it doesn't work, they blame... who?

They blame ANSGEAR!!! Not the company that built, assembled, tested and packaged the marker, they blame the retailer.

The problems with paintball products that don't work out of the box, lie in the hands of the manufacturers, not the retailer. Take that same product, and put it on the shelf of any other retails (punishers, shop4paintball, zephyr, etc) and the problem is still the same.

They include a huge "contact" sheet that tells you the customer service contacts of every single manufacturer in paintball. Also, in the manual of the products, they also tell you "Don't contact the retailer with any problems or concerns, contact the manufacturer".

If you buy an Axe from a retailer, and the Axe doesn't work out of the box, you do one of two things-

1) Call the retailer, who has no resources to fix the gun, and will charge you to fix the gun

ANSGear bought paintballgear.com aka actionvillage.com, they obviously have to be doing something right.

The problem Mike is that they do make a mistake from time to time, it happens, and they won't do anything to fix the mistake, without some serious arm turning. Like the kid that bought a NIB DP marker, and when he got his package, he got everything but the marker and barrel. Because it wasn't NIB, it was a wall display, that was still on the wall, displayed, when he finally was able to get them to figure out the problem. They wanted him to pay extra to have them ship it out. This was a thread on your own site, around two or so years ago.

Or another kid that bought a jersey and pants in one size. He got his package, and it was the jersey and pants, but in a smaller size. He actually tried them on, to a degree, they were too small. So he contacted ANS about getting him the right size. They made a major big deal about how they didn't have his size (Yet they allowed him to order it from their site), and then made a stink about how they were going to charge him a restocking fee for taking them back (Which he would not have been doing if they had sent him the right size in the first place).

On a different note, it was PSI that made alot of parts for ANS, back in the day. PSI, for those that don't know, is Ninja. When I checked out their place a couple of years ago, they had a nice display in the front office that showed alot, if not everything, that they made, for ANS and others.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
From what I understand mike, is that they are good until you get shipped the wrong item, or wish to return something.
I honestly think it in MOST cases, it comes down to the resolution skills of the customer.

1) Call and get RMA
2) ship back product with note explaining problem

I talk to the owners of many online companies, considering they are 99% of the advertising revenue we get on TechPB, I speak to them quite often. In most of the cases you read online, they are DRAMATICALLY exaggerated in most cases.

I'm not saying ANSGear, or any online retailer is perfect. But if the same "resolution skills" that you would use when dealing with any online retailer, including Amazon, 99.99% of the time they would get resolved without any issues.

Keep in mind, we are dealing with paintball players here. Not exactly the best or easiest crowd to sell things to. I've seen issues come up over on TechPB, where I've personally called the companies for the users to see what was going on. Not once was the company 100% at fault in the escalation of the problem. Either the claim was exaggerated, or the customer was clear in how they wanted it resolved, or the customer was blatantly lying with their story online, etc.

If you have a problem with an order, follow these steps-

1) In a professional manner, contact the company and explain the situation-

"Hello, my name is Mike Phillips. I ordered a pair of JT Gloves, Order Number 345789. My receipt says I ordered a pair of XL, I received a pair of Mediums. What is the best way to resolve this? Can you issue me an RMA number, so I can mail these back and get the correct pair?"

If you go into situations with that easy going attitude, you'll never have a problem with online retailers, inside of paintball or out
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:

If you buy a TV From Walmart and it's broken out of the box do you return it to SONY? or to walmart?

If you buy ANYTHING from newegg and it's broken out of the box, Do they send you to ASUS, or MSI?

Please explain why paintball retailers should provide lesser service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

I've ordered from them a ton, and never had any kinds of issues with them. I'm sure others have, but I've probably ordered from them probably 20 times over the past five years with no issues.

The mini ram that they've produced isn't rebuildable, but is the fastest ram available and pretty reliable. If you wanted to get the fastest possible set up, an ANS ram with a pair of QEVs is the fastest possible ram you'll get. The only problems that I've run into with jackhammers in the body threading getting stripped on two used ones that I bought. When that hasn't happened, they've worked great. They're huge compared to a lot of other ones, but they're not bad functionally and come in about every color you could want. The X5's I like and actually like in standard set ups and halfblocked quite a bit, and they have the jackal style swing frames. The quickfire sliders they made were considered some of the best frames/plates/threeway set ups you could buy. They bought the raceframe from Raceframe, and it's a decent option for electro frames. It's also the only option that you can still get multiple parts for new besides the board. I personally find most of their bodies hideous, but that's me. I love the three way I have on my twister from them.

There are a few reasons that they go for so cheap on average. They're probably the most common private label out there, and they also never started with a high price tag (they were mid-level or affordable private labels when they came out) or had an extreme milling style. That's going to put them into the lower price category of cockers once time passed. They've never been seen as the Rolls of cockers like a twister or a westwood, but they're not Yugos either. If you don't want to pay a ton for a cocker and don't like the looks of a WGP body, they aren't a bad way to go.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Keep in mind, we are dealing with paintball players here. Not exactly the best or easiest crowd to sell things to. I've seen issues come up over on TechPB, where I've personally called the companies for the users to see what was going on. Not once was the company 100% at fault in the escalation of the problem. Either the claim was exaggerated, or the customer was clear in how they wanted it resolved, or the customer was blatantly lying with their story online, etc.

If you have a problem with an order, follow these steps-

1) In a professional manner, contact the company and explain the situation-

"Hello, my name is Mike Phillips. I ordered a pair of JT Gloves, Order Number 345789. My receipt says I ordered a pair of XL, I received a pair of Mediums. What is the best way to resolve this? Can you issue me an RMA number, so I can mail these back and get the correct pair?"

If you go into situations with that easy going attitude, you'll never have a problem with online retailers, inside of paintball or out
You just hit it yourself. Alot of the people that post on the forums that have these problems are kids. They don't know that when they call, they should ask for a RMA number. They don't have that clue. So they don't know that they should call up and ask for a RMA number. They know that they ordered item X in size Y, and got item X in size Z. Just because they ship out 800 packages a day does not make them the best. It's when the ship out 800 packages a day, with less than 1% error, and when they do mess up, they don't try to play a blame game or make it less attractive to fix the error.

I had an issue a couple of months ago with a Violin that I bought from Amazon. I contacted Amazon about it, and they looked into it. They didn't send to to UPS to make sure that address was correct, or whatever. They dealt with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
If you buy a TV From Walmart and it's broken out of the box do you return it to SONY? or to walmart?

If you buy ANYTHING from newegg and it's broken out of the box, Do they send you to ASUS, or MSI?

Please explain why paintball retailers should provide lesser service.
Mike probably can't explain. It is a private business, and they have their policy. They seem to be the only company that has this policy, and they stick to it pretty hardcore. But you bring up great examples of what other successful online and brick and mortar stores do, which has been brought up with ANS before, but never answered.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Due to a recent issue with a order screw up on there end resulting in me needing to pay next day air shipping out of my pocket to get a remote line on time after they sent me the wrong one and no effort from them to help the customer i will never use them again.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Syko89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
I live in Socal and am fortunate enough to be able to drive up to ANSgear whenever I need something. They've always given me great in-store service and have worked with me when I needed something specific and it wasn't listed on their website, although it was available in the store.

I've observed that the guys who run the store front also seem to be the guys who handle the online sales, so that might be where they could be lacking. Perhaps a dedicated online sales staff may cut down on their shipping/packing errors, but that may not be cost effective for them.

I've also been satisfied with their cocker specific components in terms of performance. Their ans 3way is comparable to my shocktech bomb or belsales hollowpoint in terms of shortness of throw and smoothness of action.

Their ans ram has been a solid performer on my cockers and is on par with my sto or eclipse rams when it comes to my mechanical cockers.

The jackhammer lpr has also been solid in terms of performance, but the knob is a bit on the fragile side.

I've owned a pre2k ANS Gen X autococker and it was a rock solid performer. Ravi Chopra reviewed it and that review can be found here.Ravi's Paintball Place - ANS Generation-X Autococker

I actually rocked the pre2k ANS Gen X cocker at the first Autocockers vs Automags game a few months ago. It saved the day when my 2k1 black magic went down with hpr issues.

ansgenx.jpg

I bought it because of Ravi's review and feel that he was spot on. They have great 45 slider frames.

Their components are great for autocockers in terms of price and performance if you don't want to spend big bucks on components from Belsales, Shocktech, Palmer's, etc. I have components from them as well and feel that my ans equipped cockers hold their own just fine.

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers

Last edited by paintballedbackin88; 11-01-2012 at 10:19 PM.
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

the example with Walmart doesn't apply to paintball

In paintball, if you buy a broken product, you're stuck with it, and you have to incur all the costs of sending it to the manufacturer.

This isn't "retailer" driven, this is MANUFACTURER driven. I know all the paintball companies inside of this industry, I can tell practically every employee, that works at every company inside of this industry. I know their policies from returns, to MAP pricing, distribution, everything.

The paintball manufacturers, do NOT give retailers the ability to "swap" or "exchange" broken products. If you own a store, and you sell a Proto (for example). If that Proto is broken, Dye does not allow you to take a gun that was attempted to be used, exchange it for a brand new one, and send the broken one back for credit.

You can't do this with AGD, you can't do this with Planet, you can't do this with Empire, you can't do this with Dye.

If you buy a broken product, you are stuck with it and the retailer can't help you, because the manufacturers don't allow the retailers to "warranty swap" defective products in house. The "tradition" is that the consumer must send the product back to the manufacturer, for warranty repairs.

This does not matter what store or online retailer you purchase from. I've dealt with this 100 times, and it's why I generally hold off on brand new company's products when they first hit the market (Zodiac ZR1, Machine Vapor, Alien, etc). Because if my gun is out of spec, doesn't shoot properly, doesn't work, it's on ME to send it in to get repaired.

Now, is there room for change? Sure, but at this point no company is going to step forward, and tell all 1,200 of it's retailers "Go ahead, let your customer service staff make the decision to warranty swap guns. Then send us the ones you think are broken and we'll issue a credit to your account. Or just send you a brand new one in it's place.."

That's not ANSGear's fault, nor is the fault of any other retailer. That's a policy in place, set from the manufacturer, not the retailer. So to blame a retailer for "selling me a broken gun" is nonsense. They didn't test it, nor do they have the authority to swap it for you, even if it was broken.

In paintball, if the product you purchased happens to arrive DOA, it's on the consumer's shoulders to get it repaired, not the retailer. Sure, it's your right to bitch, whine and moan about the policy that's been in place for 2+ decades, but it won't change anything. Nor will it fix your situation any faster.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport