mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
If you are calm and courteous, you can resolve practically any issue.
This... something a lot of people don't do. Also if people wold read the paper work and policies, they can save themselves a lot of headaches.

I used ANS to order my daughter's G4. Once I saw in person I didn't like the color. I contact them about exchanging them. No issue there, they even paid for the shipping both way. With the right attitude and maturity, you can get some where.

The only thing I don't like about ANS is there online chat. If you have a question about a product, you are going to to get told to call tech department.
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #42 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaPanthers13 View Post
Figure I'll throw my two cents in - last time I dealt with ANSgear was when I was buying parts for my autococker build (4-5 years ago), which is built with some ANS parts. I can't speak for everyone, but I had a good experience buying and using the products from them. The price was right and the pieces worked well.

90* Hinge Frame (ripped off Jackal? Idk, don't want to get into it but I like it haha.)
3 Way - Smooth short throw (compared to my Trilogy lol)
Jackhammer - Externally adjustable, no complaints
The 90 hinge and their last 'cocker body (the X5, I wanna say) were based off of designs from Jackal Machine after they closed up shop. I had one of the last RDL bodies from Jackal, sold it off a couple of years back. 'Cockers are just too much work these days for too little performance. Old skool cool? Definitely, just not my cup of tea.

EDIT: yep, the X5, even came with their version of the Jackal vertical hinge. Good marker, had the vert frame, forward leaning 15* ASA, and a big drop forward. All it really needs to be modernly competitive is a lower feedneck, and for my taste, a FBM Power Angle or a NDZ Drop Kick.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback

Last edited by usagi_tetsu; 12-28-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: found it
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #43 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Rick View Post
This... something a lot of people don't do. Also if people wold read the paper work and policies, they can save themselves a lot of headaches.

I used ANS to order my daughter's G4. Once I saw in person I didn't like the color. I contact them about exchanging them. No issue there, they even paid for the shipping both way. With the right attitude and maturity, you can get some where.

The only thing I don't like about ANS is there online chat. If you have a question about a product, you are going to to get told to call tech department.
100% agree, I buy from ANS a lot (1 day delivery since they're just a few hours away!) and they have good prices, great selection, lots of sales, and quick shipping. The only problem I've ever had was with the online chat. I really hate getting vague 3-word answers after 2 minutes of waiting.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:04 AM   #44 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

From my experiences with ANS, I have never really had a problem. I attempted to purchase ~200 ion bolts from them and received a bunch of BS but that's besides the point.

I do agree with the notion that they should take broken items back instead of going to the MFR.

Proud Dealer of: Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
Gun Designer

buy local /thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
MIballer's exploits during his career in MI6 are what the Austin Powers movies are based on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
In a fight of Superman and Chuck Norris...MIballer wins
MIballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #46 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIballer View Post
buy local /thread
Can't really do that around here now that ANS bought action village.

I wouldn't buy anything from around here.

Between the guys selling stock ions for $400 and the scumbags around.. yeah. no.

Buy MCB. /Thread.

Proud Dealer of: Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #47 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIballer View Post
buy local /thread
That's why I use ANS?

I bought a crossfire 68/4500 tank and dye 68 cover back in August. Found out the cover doesn't fit right. Life got busy and I went back a week before christmas(4 months after purchase) to get a tank that fit the cover or a cover that fit the tank or both. Turns out they don't make 68 tanks in the old length anymore so I'm stuck with a useless cover. They offered to refund the cover I bought back in August, but I refused because bringing it back 4 months later was my fault. Some of you guys must have really bad people skills.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #48 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Can't really do that around here now that ANS bought action village.
Nice, finally can get them to ship to Canada. In the past year I've ordered a few times from ANS, no complaints yet.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #49 (permalink)

I use ANS on a regular basis, I've never had a problem with them and I'm on the East coast. I have a preorder item waiting but they clearly state that on the item I purchased. Use them often and will continue to do so.
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #50 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I honestly wish I could buy local again but the nearest pro shop to me is a good 30 mins away down a treacherous canyon in the winter. Not only that but their selection is somewhat lacking; I had $$ in hand to buy a EFlex, they had only one color in stock the numerous times I called so I said F'it and ordered from Hustle Paintball (great guys). I want a Hammer 7 but they refuse to stock it or even bring one in because 'pumps don't sell well around here' according to the sales clerk. The only pump guns they had were a Trracer, KP Pump and maybe a Sniper. No wonder pumps don't move for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport