mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   Who is ANS? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/216867-who-ans.html)

jellyghost 10-24-2012 12:22 AM

Who is ANS?

I have seen multiple autocockers that are made by "ANS". Is this the same as "ANS gear"? Why isn't there a maker forum about ANS. Were they a very small maker? For some reason there seem to be a rush of ans autocockers on ebay.

Hawkeye20 10-24-2012 12:27 AM

Yeah, ANS is the same as ANSgear. Pretty sure they didn't "make" anything.

Well, except for the ANS cockers, but I think those were contracted through someone else.

Oh and just a little tip that some newer players don't know unless they've watched ANS's videos: It's pronounced as three separate letters, like A N S gear.

ta2maki 10-24-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 (Post 2513982)
Oh and just a little tip that some newer players don't know unless they've watched ANS's videos: It's pronounced as three separate letters, like A N S gear.

Unless you are talking about their barrel plug.

shoot to thrill 10-24-2012 03:23 AM

I usually don't bring any anus gear to the field, it's a family setting an all.

Deuce 10-24-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 (Post 2513982)
Yeah, ANS is the same as ANSgear. Pretty sure they didn't "make" anything.

Well, except for the ANS cockers, but I think those were contracted through someone else.

They used to do a lot of aftermarket stuff. The quickpull cocker bolt and ANS Automag bolts and valves come to mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ta2maki (Post 2514030)
Unless you are talking about their barrel plug.

Yep! :ROTFL:

MaD 10-24-2012 04:24 AM

Yeah, they made a lot of aftermarket parts including cocker pneumatics, bolts and an assortment of barrels. The only full guns I'm aware of were cockers.

There are plenty of manufacturers that don't have their own sub forums. Taso would be one with a similar history but I just don't think there would be enough interest or traffic to justify one.

paintslinger16 10-24-2012 08:41 AM

I think they started like many back in the day as a Army/Navy surplus store.
ANS

jellyghost 10-24-2012 11:13 AM

Without causing a storm, what is the relative quality of ANS autocockers? I have read the reviews and seen their high initial price point. How would they compare to WGP?

Zapf 10-24-2012 12:18 PM

judging from the three(four? i can't remember any more) i've had, i'd put the on par with WGP.

Tallen702 10-24-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapf (Post 2514341)
judging from the three(four? i can't remember any more) i've had, i'd put the on par with WGP.

See, as a rabid WGP fan/purist, I've never liked them. In fact, I just ripped a jackhammer 1 off of a 2001 Black Magic I bought in favor of the stock reg. They've always struck me as being flashy but mechanically unreliable.

I think most Cocker fans will tell you that for reliability and function, Palmer's Belsales, and AKA produced the best aftermarket parts. They weren't pretty, but they worked

For the good mix of reliability and function, Professional-Paintball/Freeflow, Pro Team Products, KAPP (R.I.P) and Shocktech (almost R.I.P.) produced products that looked great and functioned pretty darn well. Their custom built markers were insanely beautiful and are still considered to be some of the best. There are a bunch of other custom marker producers out there that had good stuff (Sandridge, etc.) but they tended to be smaller and less well known.

Your flashy-yet-standard to sub-standard performance parts companies were/are ANS, 32*, et all. Sure, they work, but the efficiency suffers as does the ability to remain consistent.