mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 11-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
Stock Class Playa

Here's my Halo Phocker

Stock class? No problem! Smooth pump stroke? Hell yeah! Affordable? It won't cost you an arm and a leg to build one!

The only thing I didn't like about the Phantoms was the pump stroke. For the price of 1 CCM pump, you could build multiple WGP Snipers set up for stock class, modified stock class, and open class with so many different parts and to your liking. Heck, you can even drag friends along to shoot your newly built pumps!

I'd say the reason why people buy autocockers or converted ones is due to being cheap, tons of parts to choose from, and their is a ton of them to choose from.

Last edited by Mirad; 11-02-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #32 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'd say each type of pump has their pros and cons. for open class I find a sniper of any kind hard to beat doesn't matter if it's a CCM or not a sniper platform is the open class gun I personally love my trilogy sniper came to me with basically all the things I wanted minus an upgraded barrel threw on a. 678 lurker and went to town it's regged and set up properly it shoots at 280 all day. if we're talking SC or mod SC I love my phantom for pure SC light,accurate,efficent and cheap to build up into a monster sc marker. My other SC marker which is bolt action is a palmerized PG with wedgits,detent,RVA,valve tune etc. basically tricked out only thing it has on my phantom is efficieny it gets about 45 off a 12g at velocity whereas my phantom as it sits gets 33 before it rapidly drops off to the point where the 36 shot just bloops out the end of the barrel.

My point is no matter what you're looking to spend pump play is a lot of fun and a different challenge than semi. I'd say try at least 1 brass sheridan, a sniper of any flavor, a phantom and then try a CCM and what you'll find is that one marker will speak to you. It may be the CCM it may not but trust me pump play gets into you like a disease that gives you an itch that you just HAVE to keep scratching but it's a disease in a good way.

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
There has never been a better time to be a pumper. Start picking up and shooting guns until you find something that speaks to you.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
There has never been a better time to be a pumper. Start picking up and shooting guns until you find something that speaks to you.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #35 (permalink)
Hawkeye: Finest Kind

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
If you want to try lot of different guns in one day, follow these easy steps:

1. Go to a big game.
2. Stand near the chrono or target range
3. Make friends
4. Politely ask to try peoples guns.

This works because pump players love to show off there gear. Some pump nights we spend more time talking an comparing than playing.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon View Post
Some pump nights we spend more time talking an comparing than playing.
Some?
Old 11-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Shot a ccm t2 recently. I always thought it was made of aluminum. I was so very wrong. Turns out it is made out of butter!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #38 (permalink)

I personally don't find old cockers too heavy.Several of my first guns were cockers,so I am used to it.I still shoot them,and to me,I find them average.(the first time I picked up an electro,I nearly threw it across the room)
paintballguy2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
Shooting For My Grade 10

Converting an autococker is much cheaper than buying a CCM. It is even cheaper to buy one that has already been built (but whats the fun in that?). I have had both an S6 and a converted prostock and the difference is marginal. I prefer the feel of a slider and didn't really use autotrigger, so the frame didn't do much for me. The pump stroke on my prostock is almost as smooth as the S6 (although my S6 often had binding issues, but when it didn't it was nice). It all depends on what you want to spend. CCMs have great resale so you won't lose your *** on one. I used mine for 6 months and sold it for 25 bucks less than I paid for it new. I love the feel of the autococker platform. It is just really comfortable. Everyone has such a hard on for the CCM stuff, but I just don't see it aside from the aesthetics. Maybe I just got a dud or something ...
csermonet47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguy2255 View Post
I personally don't find old cockers too heavy.Several of my first guns were cockers,so I am used to it.I still shoot them,and to me,I find them average.(the first time I picked up an electro,I nearly threw it across the room)
Same here. First time I picked up a modern electro, I way overestimated the weight, then spent a couple minutes wondering where all the parts were.

I'll stick to my pump-converted parts 'cocker, it isn't all that heavy after all.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport