mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #41 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
My suggestion, and this is based on personal preference as a new pump player.

Keep the phantom of course, its one of the best stock class markers out there. I've played with friends may times and if I truly do get back into the sport full time I will be investing in a phantom as my marker for stock class/all pump games.

I picked up an Azodin Kaos 2 Pump off Ebay for 70$. The plan was to flip it at a profit or make a trade that 70$ would not have been sufficient in. Its NIB so I could max my value pretty easily by selling to someone 150$ shipped or trading for a decent barrel/mask that I needed. Playing around with it...I was AMAZED at the quality. The pump is actually nicer then many pump kits people use to convert old cockers. It may not be on CCM level, but nicer then most WGP markers i've shot. The new model has a stock maxflow value that works wonders, the older one felt like a spyder clone made pump, not this model.

For the 70$ you can get a new Kaos Pump for on Ebay, it's very worthwhile. Lighter then WGP markers, and a very smooth pump stroke. It's A/C Threaded so many barrels will work on it. The new feedneck corrects the problems people talk about, but is ion threaded so any easy replacement as well.

I was using my friends stiffi matched to pant on it, after 200 shots, w/ stock regulator I chroned the marker (Shooting bargain bin paint thats been in the cold, reg not broken in).

HPA W/ Dye Regulator on Tank

The results follow: 281 290 295 270 255 267 278 280 275 277 277 276 278 275 278 279 278 275 279 275
First six varied wildly, then it leveled out quickly. Marker had shot 200, but had been sitting unused for awhile before we did this test.

Which I considered AMAZING consistency from a marker like this. I'm a fan of the stock hitman mod. I often play against semi's in speed or air ball (often new players) and it's nice to be able to shoot lanes with the pump. Lanes means a different thing for certain, It's not the LINE of paint egos are throwing, but your not gunna wanna run through it either way. For the price, as an open class addition to a phantom...Kaos Pump is my rec.

I'm NOT a long term pump players, but my friends are. Several who have used WGP markers for years now have them as backups to brand new Kaos Pumps (or the plus version w/ autotrigger). They tuned em and got upgrades, and they work wonderfully and are lighter then the WGPs. One friend who owns a CCM marker now uses the CCM only for competition and his Azodin KP for rec ball, he says the CCM is higher quality, but on the rec ball field its hard to notice the difference at times. When it matters though, he says he'd of course always fire the CCM. All shoot phantoms for stock class, so similar situations perhaps.

Last edited by 99BPS; 12-12-2012 at 09:19 PM.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #42 (permalink)
MCB Member

A CCM fanatic got in my ear, and I became convinced to go the CCM route. It should arrive tomorrow! I really like my phantom, and I have no intention of selling it. If I like my CCM as much or more than my phantom, I will be a very happy paintballer. They will be my two gun permanent collection.
Unfortunately, I have already started to wonder about a third permanent gun............. I keep hearing wonderful reviews of karnivors and doesn't everyone need at least one semi?
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #43 (permalink)
pop...splat splat splat

Send a message via Skype™ to popsplat

if you want to go full perfect setup....try to find a CCM WORKS semi... they are beautiful and amazing

"I don't get out often, but when I do, I prefer being one balled...stay accurate my friends."
popsplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #44 (permalink)
Engineer

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
...and doesn't everyone need at least one...
Aaaand MCB claims another poor soul.

Congrats on the CCM purchase, you should love it. I echo the above sentiments on the differences between a "built" sniper and one purchased as top of the line such as a CCM. As stated before, the most important part of owning any marker is that you are happy shooting it and happy playing the game. So to that, happy shooting!
That'll teach her
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
Mini a t2 or s6/6.5
Then eblade it

My Feedback

There exists few things that you can break short of total destruction that I cannot repair
masternater1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #45 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Has anyone mentioned a Sterling yet? If you're looking for the exact middle ground between Nelsons and Sheridans then the Strrling is it. It's literally the best parts of Nelson and Sheridan guns mixed up together. Mechanically and cosmetically a blend of both. OP, check one out I bet you won't be disappointed based on what you said you were looking for.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #46 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Oh, also, don't get a karni unless you know for SURE you prefer a larger electro. If you want to try a semi-auto auto cocker get an older "named" mech. Belsales, freeflow, or shocktech and look for one with original parts. There's too many people out there who think they're cocker techs.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #47 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I'd say Mags for semi.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

yeah, good suggestion

I have 5 mags...
wow I just realized I have 5 mags now.

well, one's my wife's.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #49 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I played semi all my life as I said. Of my PM(5,6,7,9), Ion, Pimp, and Mag
The only one that is not up for sale is my Double Trigger Classic Mag.
I'm done playing rec ball for speed, if I'm playing for fun I'm shooting something
fun to shoot. The mag fits that bill, easy to use, accurate as hell even w/ stock barrel (because the consistency is rave worthy on tank regulated HPA). Most of all keeping the mag in working condition is no problem at all. I'd look on Ebay for some sick X/E mags that are going for the same price as a Karni would.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #50 (permalink)
MCB Member

I actually have a 68classic automag that I am trying to repair. It is slated for sale to pay for this big CCM purchase. I really admire the 68classic, and I am now pretty familiar with the internals.
What is a CCM works semi? I have seen autococker S5's. Is that what you mean? Thank you guys for the warning on Karnivors. I started to think about them because Cockerpunk says it is the only semi he uses. In addition, the guy who sold me the CCM has a very impressive collection, and he says the Karnivor is what he uses most. Overall, I don't like the idea of electros because they are the usual target and enemies of my pump guns, but also because I don't want to keep up with batteries or have something that seems unrepairable.
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport