mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Would a CCM deluxe kit made to fit a...

full bodied cocker fit a mini Cocker? In what way could you modify it to fit? Or is it even possible? Just got a CCM deluxe pump kit and was just wondering if it could be done

Last edited by alpha Q; 10-29-2012 at 12:10 AM.
alpha Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
it would fit but you wouldnt have a vert asa
socalpumpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
No. The issue is the overall length of the kit as well as the need for the vertical asa to be part of the pump kit.

CCM makes a kit for mini'ed bodies. You might as well sell the deluxe kit and but the correct one. OR sell the body and get a full block. As it stands now, you've got incompatible gear.

Note the difference here from what you have now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-2K-Mini-...item2324342284
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
You could shorten the pump rod, side tap the body for an 1/8npt, run that to a bottomline or sideline stab like for a Phantom and have a working unit but no vert ASA on the body. If you dont want a fore grip it can be done.
crazyorigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

wow thanks for all the awesome input folks!
alpha Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
You could shorten the pump rod, side tap the body for an 1/8npt, run that to a bottomline or sideline stab like for a Phantom and have a working unit but no vert ASA on the body. If you dont want a fore grip it can be done.
Not if he ever wants to use an autotrigger, however...the AT hole will be incorrectly positioned if he shortens the pump rod.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
Not if he ever wants to use an autotrigger, however...the AT hole will be incorrectly positioned if he shortens the pump rod.
I know this, but the pump kit itself will work just fine if you shorten the pump rod. The AT could be made to work as well with some careful measuring and drilling. It wont be %100 bolt on but it is entirely possible. I almost built one but i like the vertical grip too much not to have it.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
OK, but I still find your solution less than ideal, to say the least. He would need to:

1. Successfully bore and tap a hole somewhere in the side of the body
2. Purchase a female or sideline stab plus mounting hardware (say, $85 to $105)
3. Cut the pump rod and retap the threads on the rod

If he's a machinist and wants an odd looking marker because this body is a family heirloom, then so be it. Otherwise, he's looking at a considerable expense for both tools (if he doesn't have them) and a new PPS reg.

The total for all of this is going to greatly exceed the cost of just selling the deluxe kit--probably for a few bucks less than a retail one if it's in good shape--and getting the correct "mini-version" deluxe kit. Plus no chance of destroying the body (one hopes) AND he doesn't deep-six the possibility of adding the AT later.

Your suggestion is similar to saying that a road bike can easily become a mountain bike--you just need to saw some tubes, solder some things, and buy/swap some parts. A rational person would just sell the one and buy the other!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
He did not ask what is more practical or what is cheaper. All i did was answer his question.

It can be done, i know this with 100% certainty, so i said it could be done. There is no need for the regulator, Snipers can run just fine with un reg'd co2 or even an HPA tank input pressure with the proper tuning. It could be done the expensive way but it could also be done for about $20 worth of parts too.

I am not concerned with practical, or easy, just possible. We would not have such near markers out there if everyone just did what is easy and practical.

You could drill the body. And you would use a die on the pump rod.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Blowback Throwback

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Yep, just like mine

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport