mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If you are looking for smoothing out the pump stroke, I highly reccomend Rainman's UC kit. It is much smoother than my previous wevo/cci UC kit. My Rainman kit has no play at all and pump stroke is probably as smooth as a Nelson can get.

I am using all stock internals.
m1yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'd 2nd or 3rd ASP detents, fluted hammer and a freaked barrel as the ideal setup. I just put together a micro phantom with that setup and a wevo UC kit and with running the TPC about 2 1/2 turns in and using a .677 freak insert I can get 43 shots before they start dropping off (and even then I could push the 12g if I had to in an emergency). I didn't bother changing out for the red spring either. My spring setup is completely stock. I do run the dropout 12g changer though so that probably helps a bit as it's the most efficient valve setup.

On the ASP detents yea they position the ball in the same place every time. I also still use a detent ring just in case a ball gets past the ASP (which the odd one like 1 out of a whole bag can) and I find rather than matching my paint an underbore works best.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

Beluga I have never run compressed so I doubt my PSI is lower than stock. I'm a 12 gram sort of guy and I only run the red spring because I don't have to even turn the TPC in to get 280fps unless its a cold day. I personally don't like turning the TPC too much that's all.

I'd have to say that the smoothest pumpstroke comes from a Punisher's Customs UC kit. Alas they are near impossible to find now. I have a Rainman, Wevo, Punisher, Duskslide, Phuzzard, two custom built pumps and the Pun and Phuzzard rule, hands down.

Falcon's right, Dropout will get you mad 12 gram efficiency! Matching bore really helped my shot count too. I shoot ultra Evil so I just barely underbore.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I bought alot of stuff recently so I'm just opting for detent mod and freak bore for now. I'm gonna send my stuff in to SSC on monday. Hopefully I can get it back before the end of the month. If not I'll probably play with a mini orracle I recently picked up.

Got a noob question. I bought a gauge for reg but as soon as I took it out of the plastic wrap, I dropped the gauge, and a metal circular piece came out. I put it back in and just want confirmation if I put it in right. Does this look normal?
Beluga is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport