mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

New to Pump

As you may or may not have seen I have posted about finding a pump game to try. Soon after I posted that thread a friend of mine posted up an Odyssey o3m for sale on his facebook. He wanted $120 for the gun, like new, and an out of date n2 tank. So, I offered him 60$ and he bit.

I haven't bought it yet and told him I'd like to do a little research before I commit. He said he'd hang on to it for me.

My questions are..

1) I've read lots of reviews on the marker, seems like a real POS. However, maybe at that price for pump conversion project it wouldn't be so bad. Feelings on that?

2) I have read that it falls out of timing pretty consistently. Does timing an autococker change if it's a pump marker? If yes, how so? If no, See question 1.

Seem like silly questions to ask, especially the second one because I feel like I should know the answer, but alas, I do not.

Thanks for any help!
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

The timing doesn't 'change' when you move it to pump because you are removing the pieces that need to be timed. I don't remember if the thread for a kit is the same as a regular Autococker, but you might be better off just getting a Sniper that's ready to go. The O3 is Spyder threaded for barrels, so that might limit you being able to find something to prevent rollouts. The only thing you would be up with that deal in my eyes is an expired tank which will still cost an additional $15-$30 to get retested.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

I assumed that was the case about timing, but then I started looking around the internet and [evidently] misinterpreted something that I read. Sometimes it's easier to not "Search" first. Haha.
I appreciate the quick reply. I will definitely be playing before I spend the money on a pump marker. The only way I was going to jump on this deal was if someone told me it was just that, a deal. The tank is outdated (25$ to hydro) and it's a smaller, steel tank. Not worth much.

Looking forward to trying.
Any other replies would be great, thank for clearing that up though, Desert.
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
FYI The only timing i know of that involves a pump gun is the autotrigger on snipers(and clones). If your sniper or sniper clone doesnt have an autotrigger then theres nothing to worry about.
Penarol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...shipped-~.html

There's a good-priced phantom. Comes with a backbottle setup, and a normal ASA. All you need is THIS elbow and THIS hopper (buy the APP 50 rounder, it's one of the best pocket hoppers out there).

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
BudgetBaller 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...shipped-~.html

There's a good-priced phantom. Comes with a backbottle setup, and a normal ASA. All you need is THIS elbow and THIS hopper (buy the APP 50 rounder, it's one of the best pocket hoppers out there).
^^^ Agreed, get a bulletproof phantom
bricew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
You know the music...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricew25 View Post
^^^ Agreed, get a bulletproof phantom
Truth! I personally prefer snipers, but Phantoms really are great markers. There is a reason they have such a devoted following.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Phantom all the way. I like snipers but nothing beats stock class with a Phantom.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport