mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
New Pumper Roll out Question

So I got a new barrel for my Azodin Koas Pump
I know the triad detent system in the stock barrel prevents roll outs (or claims too)

with the new barrels, will I be having a roll out problem, if so how do I address this?

I'm new to pump and know this must seem so evident, im assuming bore-paint match, yes?
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
The stock barrel has detents?

If you are using a gun without detents, and the barrel is a larger bore than the paint you are using, yes you will have roll outs.

Since it is a cocker threaded gun, get a freak back - and paint match your barrels!
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Well the marker has detents but the barrel has an oring that works as a third detent (triad detent system, so two in marker one in barrel)

Haha, indeed.
I'm going the low cost route for getting back in, because price forced me out. I became too much of a marker whore, and was spending so much on equipment and upkeep (read repairs I lacked time or knowledge to do myself)

I could't play anymore. Eventually I realized it was silly to spend on a sport I hadly got too play and stopped, (this was after I left the sponsored team I played for college, I got one more summer with em after freshman year but they replaced me cus I was not around after that).

So I'm buying barrels that go low on ebay, and trying to trade my ion for either a A/C threaded barrel kit or a few nice ones (working on a stiffi and one part ultralight trade now) until I have enough range in barrels to deal with most paint. But thanks, that clears it right up. If i'm having a problem I can always use my stock barrel. Also I should grab a smaller bore barrel for those times the paint is tiny and major roll outs are an issue.

To try and answer another question I've been having...what is first strike?
I never saw the term when I used to play, now its a factor in semi too...whats it mean?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

yea, the detents in the gun are anti-double feed detents, not anti-rollout detents... the barrel detent is there for the rollouts.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Ah there we go, thanks for that!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

you can get barrels bored for freak inserts for about $35 and inserts are about 12 new from GoG paintball(the new smartparts).

firststrikes ar D shaped paintballs that have grooves/fins on then that are more accurate and have better range than regular balls. Also very expensive and typically you have to have a marker made specifically for shooting them.

For Sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ml#post3163559

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ml#post3167362

wanted: Sheridan parts for pmi I/pgp: rva, speedfeed, fastchanger, pmi rubber grips
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Just keep that barrel up! That is what I need to do with my SL68 II until I figure out a better option.

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
shoot me a pic of your ion... i'd take a trade for my freak boring services, and yes i can do a stock kp barrel

First Strikes (FS) are cool, nobody around here has em.... but im dyin to try em!
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
You should also look into lurker eigenbarrels small bore and cheap price. Good barrels too. I use an ifit kit, its on the pricey side but works great and fits any barrel.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Nail polish or tape works. Lapco also makes autococker to autococker adapters in 680 that will stop a lot of rollouts.

The ifit kit also works, but is not much cheaper than a freak.
NotBrian is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport