mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
Sounds like a great plan to me.
Penarol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Thanks. I haven't played at all in the last year and miss it too much. Gotta get back in but can't be spending 150 for a day of paint. I'm stoked to hit the field again (went last week with my azodin for the first time) again. It was fun playing last week, no real players showed up so I was playing a bunch of rentals. It was actually harder on the woodsball field oddly. Once I got a few tags and the rentals noticed I knew how to play I would end up stuck behind things while a rain of semi automatic paintballs rained down on me. But I got good eliminations, and actually never got shot before I got someone out, something I can't say about evertytime I've rushed a line of rentals with my PM7 or Pimp.

Know I was outgunned, I played differently. I played to my advantages. I knew I had a good paint/barrel match, I knew they had a terrible one (the rentals are old Tippman carbine looking things...idk what marker, but OLD and the barrel is a monster). They are direct Co2 with no gas through grip (you hold the barrel shroud). It's a nice rental gun, durable as hell you could run this thing over and it would be FINE. but it lacks accuracy of course and chops like a b***** when people get overexcited with it.

I'd find good positions, stay hidden until people were in range and get a tag or two. I'd hide while they fired, and climb to the edges to snap shoot. I snap shot more that day then ever before even when playing competitively.

In one map I actually was shooting a "lane" moreso then with my electros. In that I was focused on keeping one bunker unreachable, and the accuracy of my shots, even when I would have to shoot, hide and shoot again allowed me to keep the rentals out of that bunker.

Sure I took plenty of hits and was playing rookies. But I played alone against groups, and often did well. It was more fun overall, normally against rentals I would have pressed myself to do everything. Take out a bunch of em, grab the flag and score while others still played. Rentals don't know the fields like I do, or the game, so I press to dominate. This means disappointment when the rental marker happens to catch me on an ill conceived dash. Or annoyance when I'm trapped in a trench and can't get out due to the hail of paint over my head. With the Pump in hand ever moment I played was awesome. Just staying alive and returning fire at a distinct disadvantage was FUN. I loved it, and it's a feeling i'd rather have.

I also liked knowing everytime I pumped I could fire. No more thinking about my paint or diving too hard. Or worrying about the eyes. Or the battery. Just pull the pump, and fire.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Praise the sun!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Welcome to MCB! I see the pump fairy has you in her grasp! Best of luck in your future endeavours, and remember; you're among like minded players here!

Have a nice day!
CCM'd KAPP Water Splash Sniper FS/T
My YouTube Channel
My Feedback
+10
/ 0 / -0
Spach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
So true. Thanks homie!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Stock Ionsell for beer/gear money
Fully Upgraded Evil PimpI love my pimps. keep it
Classic Automagare you my long lost brother? awesome and reliable keep it
Kaos Pumpsell for beer/gear money

get yourself into a nice cheap phantom setup, and when your getting pinned down shoot at them from the other side of the bunker or my favorate jump up and single shot them from over the bunker, nothing like a 300 pound guy hopping up and down taking shots haha.

Playing 2/10 takes balls, but only a few
http://210paintball.com/ home of the 2 man 10 ball games
MCB Feedback
Morhaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post
I am def picking one up once the ion is gone.
It would allow me to keep my mag in my bag as the perfect backup. and give me a speedball/airball marker that I would feel comfortable using in any rec game. My Pimp would still travel with me in the car, but mostly only find use for the rare walk on tourney that happens locally, or games with a vendetta haha.
If you still have your Ion check out Deathwish/Yodas mech conversion,if you like 'mags youll like their kit,i have 2 and theyve become my primary markers since Im playing at public fields more
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hey, Welcome back to the sport!
I, myself, recently just returned to playing with almost the exact same story.(no team) Don't worry about anything on PbNation... Finding this website was a dream come true in comparison. Everyone starts off as an arrogant little kid there. haha.

In fact, I also have a new players pump thread going for CT right now. I just pickedup a nice minimag off of this site, and also shoot a private label imp. This isn't my intro thread, I'm simply telling ya that kickin' it old school it the way go! And an Evil Pimp? Oh man, I am jealous of you!

I don't care much for new guns, but if I had any real advice it would be to buy the best gear (hopper/mask/pod(packs)/tank. Some times it isn't worth buying all the second hand crap to save a dollar. I can't speak much for guns because sometimes I think about selling both of mine for a Dye Reflex, but I feel like shooting a new one would just take away some of the fun of taking kids out with markers that are sometimes older than they are. xD

Good luck in your search!
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morhaughn View Post
Stock Ionsell for beer/gear money
Fully Upgraded Evil PimpI love my pimps. keep it
Classic Automagare you my long lost brother? awesome and reliable keep it
Kaos Pumpsell for beer/gear money

get yourself into a nice cheap phantom setup, and when your getting pinned down shoot at them from the other side of the bunker or my favorate jump up and single shot them from over the bunker, nothing like a 300 pound guy hopping up and down taking shots haha.
Haha, thanks.
I think I got a trade on the ion, which involves some gear and cash. Getting a nice barrel (Stiffi) another random one (BL Assassin) different bores and some cash.

When it comes down to it, I love my Pimp. It's treated me well, its fun and its the right size for my for rec play. I like a larger, taller marker. I used to like my imp but it was a bit on the heavy side. The Pimp is just something I dig to play with. And few value it the way I do, there going for 100 on ebay... pretty cheap for what to a large extent is a limited run next gen aftermarket Impy (some of which sell for far more themselves).

I love the classic mag. It's SO Friggen Reliable, i can't believe how long it can go without a full break down. Just a bit of oil and you are always ready to play with the mag. And if you get into a beat it shoots ropes. Too bad I can't get barrels for it because of how weird the breach "threading" is on mines body....

I gotta disagree about the Kaos honestly.
I've used many phantoms, many times. 2 of my friends live and die by them. I will own one if I start playing a lot of stock class, but right now I'm mostly getting back into rec ball. Air is free at my field, I'm running a bottle. And honestly, limiting my ammo when no one else is is not something I want. I don't wanna shoot as much, but that doesn't mean I wanna carry a bunch of ten round tubes all the time. Phantoms are the BEST for SC (IMO, many say ducks or buzzards clearly, but for SC I'm all about CCI). The KP has a crisp pump stroke, and tuned right shoots very well. It shoots like a converted cocker but its lighter and I like the way it feels having played with it. I've played with snipers and such before, and I would want a CCM in the future, but the KP is perfect for rec pump games.

I'm not good enough at teaching that ion to convert it lol. Ima get rid of it and grab one of those new GOG mechs soon
I'd like to try one out and at the price....yes please.

Love the mag/imp combo . I been scanning the BST and Ebay for a nice lookin imp. its something I'd wanna own again in the future.

I like the PIMP its a fun one to shoot honestly. Ima thinking is my official nvr sell between the low market and high personal values.

I feel your advice on gear. But if you pick the right used **** it serves you right. Right now I'm not trying to shoot anything that needs a fast hopper. Basic agitated VL should be fast enough for anything Im trying to rock and I have one of those thats working right now. I want a nicer mask, and honestly there is no need to buy new. Maybe I'll buy a new lens, but no need for the actually mask to be new.

There are so many high end guns for so cheap these days. But honestly, unless your pumping between shots or shooting a blowback, none of these markers are different enough for it to be that much of a difference. In a game with walk on players and a new field design I'd take an impulse with a barrel kit over an Ego 12 fully Upgraded with a huge barrel (while we shot tiny paint all day). In the end if that Impulse is well set up and working well its still electronumatic, which means pretty quick and consistent. The barrel paint match is gunna make the bigger difference then the MAJOR upgrades in marker system between those two....in the end just not that diff.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport