mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

one thing to suggest for those looking to let their kids play on their own property is a handheld chronograph like a radachron. Parents need to know the importance and or regulated velocity and enforcing it. Playing at proper velocities helps keep everyone safe. Stress that lenses are only rated to 300fps and guns especially unregulated blowbacks on co2 can easily shoot over that. Plus nastier bruises and more pain are the result of high velocities. Suggest playing with 270-285fps. Lower velocities can be fine as well for new or younger players, when playing at home.

for some reason I can't google can't find your articles located in the side menu. So I haven't been able to browse the rest of your sight.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #32 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
for some reason I can't google can't find your articles located in the side menu. So I haven't been able to browse the rest of your sight.
Thats strange. What browser are you using? FireFox, IE or Chrome?
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #33 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich775 View Post
Even Getting basic gear will run you a few hundred plus quite a sum to play, for a twelve year old it will be a lot no matter how you look at it unless they are spoiled.
Get a basic Spyder/Tippmann, a 200 round gravity hopper, and a 20 oz tank, and you're right around $100.

Step up to an Azodin (much better in my opinion), that'll go up to around $120. I think everyone who starts playing shouldn't be dropping more than $200 for any type of set up. That should include tank, hopper, and gun. Hell, for $200, you can get quite a nice set up, much nicer than the first 2 set ups I had. What parents fail to realized half the time is that this isn't a recurring cost. Once you buy it, you have it. You don't have to pay the same thing again next year for your kid to play.

The actual play cost will vary per field. Also depends on how often you want your kid to play. If they want to do it often, buy a membership. The way I think of paintball is the same with any other sport. Many teams are pay to play now, where it's at least $2-300 to join a school team. I played hockey (not school sponsored) and it was $1100 a year.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #34 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
Get a basic Spyder/Tippmann, a 200 round gravity hopper, and a 20 oz tank, and you're right around $100.

Step up to an Azodin (much better in my opinion), that'll go up to around $120. I think everyone who starts playing shouldn't be dropping more than $200 for any type of set up. That should include tank, hopper, and gun. Hell, for $200, you can get quite a nice set up, much nicer than the first 2 set ups I had. What parents fail to realized half the time is that this isn't a recurring cost. Once you buy it, you have it. You don't have to pay the same thing again next year for your kid to play.

The actual play cost will vary per field. Also depends on how often you want your kid to play. If they want to do it often, buy a membership. The way I think of paintball is the same with any other sport. Many teams are pay to play now, where it's at least $2-300 to join a school team. I played hockey (not school sponsored) and it was $1100 a year.

You forget a mask. A decent quality mask will bring that to $150+

New guys don't NEED a high-end mask, but a step up from the basic cheap masks that come with some guns makes a world of difference.

Shiner 2 Ego11 For Sale, Misc Paintball Gear and Non-paintball sale

I run a Wasteland server, come play!
www.edengrounds.org
Teamspeak IP: ts.edengrounds.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #35 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
Ah ya. Mask. $30 for a cheap Vforce or JT then.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
20oz CO2 tank may not be the best option. Depending on which commercial field you intend on playing often. Check your local commercial fields. Some are compressed aor only. May need a compressed air tank instead of CO2. Which will change your selection in which tank to purchase.

funsi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

I have redone this website. Take a look. Will do an official launch on Friday
Old 04-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #38 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
awesome work, the only comment I have is about the dictionary page.

you have definitions for both barrel condoms and barrel plugs. It would be helpful for a parent to know that barrel plugs aren't a safe alternative to a barrel condom and most (if not all) fields don't accept them as a BBD anymore. Also...you may want to refer to it as a BAG rather than a CONDOM, society tends to not like that word.
We call them barrel "snuggies" at my field... Lol.

For some reason I don't want guys telling my 13 year old daughter to put her barrel condom on...

I will work on some playing on a budget stuff Gord. Since I have around $300 total in gear, and pretty much play for free...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

Barrel Sock

I did glance through the site, but didnt get much into it. Under the equipment side I would honestly mention that there are pads and protectors avaialble to help lessen the blow. It might help some younger players initially that are afraid of getting hit. Plus, unlike a lot of us older guys carrying out own natural padding around, hits are probably going to be more painful for younger kids due to less padding. Another note, would be mentioning padding protection in the chest area, especially for girls. From my understanding a correlation has been made between trauma/bruising of the chest area and breast cancer later in life. Maybe some examples of various padding and/or alternative. For example, I found a $5 youth size hockey chest pad for my daughter to use when she was first thinking about playing. Fit comfortably under an oversized shirt and provided the protection she would need. Unfortunately, I was never able to get her to actually go out and play...
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #40 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
Barrel Sock

I did glance through the site, but didnt get much into it. Under the equipment side I would honestly mention that there are pads and protectors avaialble to help lessen the blow. It might help some younger players initially that are afraid of getting hit. Plus, unlike a lot of us older guys carrying out own natural padding around, hits are probably going to be more painful for younger kids due to less padding. Another note, would be mentioning padding protection in the chest area, especially for girls. From my understanding a correlation has been made between trauma/bruising of the chest area and breast cancer later in life. Maybe some examples of various padding and/or alternative. For example, I found a $5 youth size hockey chest pad for my daughter to use when she was first thinking about playing. Fit comfortably under an oversized shirt and provided the protection she would need. Unfortunately, I was never able to get her to actually go out and play...

Great, thanks for the feedback. I have forwarded to Brother Jerry our lessons guy.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport