mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   An Online Parents Guide to Paintball (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/221241-online-parents-guide-paintball.html)

gmore70 12-16-2012 12:39 AM

An Online Parents Guide to Paintball

April 12 2013

New Parent Site now Launched.

A Parents Guide to Paintball

Thank you to MCB for helping out...you will recognize some people helping out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAIZw-FALQk

jellyghost 12-16-2012 01:06 AM

i love the idea, and your site looks good.
I recently heard a parent say, "wow. This is an expensive hobby for a twelve year old." while Christmas shopping. Budget balling for parents seems like an interesting topic.

Jebus 12-16-2012 01:21 AM

Greeting Future Paintballer. What is it like in 2115? Look forward to reading!

gmore70 12-16-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebus (Post 2564147)
Greeting Future Paintballer. What is it like in 2115? Look forward to reading!

Ah you like that....had to do that to force that post to stay at the top...a little blog trick

Marmaduke 12-16-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Bounce- When a paintball hits, but does not break. Very painful.
Never letting my kid play paintball...

gmore70 12-16-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marmaduke (Post 2564172)
Never letting my kid play paintball...

Oh nice catch. Edited and removed. Thanks

nofxkid2005 12-16-2012 12:32 PM

Looks pretty good Gord. I'd love to have the terminology page as a print off for Paintballgear. Would save me a bit of time.

gmore70 12-16-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 (Post 2564363)
Looks pretty good Gord. I'd love to have the terminology page as a print off for Paintballgear. Would save me a bit of time.

Thanks. Go for it. You should be able to print it off right from the page.

heinous 12-16-2012 01:28 PM

i don't think you should link to mike's videos. as informative as he is, the parents might browse his channel and find some explosively explicit opinions, or worse, a way to his website. not a good representative for this sport.

and don't dodge the issue. bounces are painful, don't delete that out. let it be known. you're trying to be informative. be content with the fact that not everyone can tolerate this sport or think of this sport the way you would prefer them to think, just let all the info out and let them decide for themselves, otherwise it will be nothing but propaganda which will drive even more people away.

jellyghost 12-16-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2564419)
and don't dodge the issue. bounces are painful, don't delete that out. let it be known. you're trying to be informative. be content with the fact that not everyone can tolerate this sport or think of this sport the way you would prefer them to think, just let all the info out and let them decide for themselves, otherwise it will be nothing but propaganda which will drive even more people away.

I agree with this. Parents need the straight dope not just one side.

I think your website is great. I found myself recommending Cockerpunk Gordon and Techpb Mike to a new player recently, and I had to caution that I don't agree with all of the language and non-paintball opinions stated in the videos. As an adult, I love Mike and Gordon's videos. I am a devoted fan, but I have quite a few opinions about life that are already formed (Catholic missionary is my day job). I like Mike and Gordon better for their personal quirks, but I think Mike and Gordon are defacto role models to young players. I am not comfortable with their whole message in the context of role models. I recommended mcarterbrown without any hesitation.

I really like the tone difference between pbnation and Mike's vision for Techpb. Techpb is a better place for parents than pbnation, but I think Mcarterbrown is even better. I wonder if there should be a parents forum on mcarterbrown; maybe call it "So your kid wants to play paintball".
I really like how Mike talks to young players like they are adults and encourages them in the sport. He definitely preaches work ethic and personal responsibility. He expects them to grow up. Mike's videos are more for young players than parents.
You are nearly alone in the parent niche, and more power and success to you and your videos.