mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
pump snob

We have about a half a dozen father/son groups that play in our private little outlaw group. Its a great way for fathers and sons to do something together on relatively equal footing.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Cannot wait until my kids are old enough to play...

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
My son is my wing man whenever I play. I started when he was 2 and now that he is thirteen he is always out with me, I love talking to new players and try to encourage families to play. In fact there is another guy on my team whose daughter plays and is on our team too. She refs at the fields to help pay for playing and my son plans on reffing when he is old enough too. When a local church had a field the church really liked having father/son ref teams, really built up the community in the area.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

My dad braved hell and high water to play with me when I was but a little agglet, now that I can drive and make my own money I take on the roll and help my youngest brother play. As many of you guys know its scary out there for a first timer, having my dad playing with me helped me get over the initial "Its gonna hurt so bad" and learn to move about on the field. Parents really do add to the paintball experience.
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

As soon as my son is old enough I will He's four now and has wanted to come play with me since he could talk. I think I'll buy a splatmaster this summer so he can get some target shooting experience in the back yard
xxerexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Barned

I hope my dad takes the time to play with me soon, he hasn't yet though.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

My son started playing when he was twelve. He and his best friend were talking about buying guns. With my son's birthday coming up I told him we'd get a gun, but he had to play a few times with me first. His third time playing he took friendly fire from about 10 feet behind that grazed his neck and drew blood. He was unfazed and kept playing. Needless to say he got a marker for his birthday (and he had a paintball party).

Seven years later...One of the fields nearby (Badlandz) regularly has what they call Kidz Dayz. These are games for first time players and a parent. I took my daughter to this for her first time when she was 13. There were about a dozen boys and their dads. We had a dedicated ref for the day, played a variety of fields, and even had lunch together. It was an awesome introduction to the game for every kid there. Much to my pride, by the end of the day I heard more than once a boy asking the question, "where's the girl?"

Last edited by MikeM; 01-09-2013 at 01:42 PM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

When my youngest (my Girl Friends kids) is 10, I will turn 30 shortly after and the oldest will be 12 going on 13. At age 10, they will be ready (if not sooner) to play with the adults and keep up if not out run us all.

As of now, they are 6, 7, and 8. This weekend, we are taking them out to our Teams Field for a game where during the in between time, we let the kids go out (we are right with them helping) with some pumps and target practice on the bunkers. This time will be a special treat as my GF and I are training for Super Game 45 and my GF wants to practice taking cover under fire. So, the kids will be the ones taking turns trying to get mommy in the name of "training".

We hope to sometime soon have a special kids only game with the markers chronoed down so they can finally get to shoot at each other and really have fun. For the time being though, they are still learning how to play and how to be safe.

http://walkons.proboards.com/index.cgi?

FS Custom 13/3000 Tank Covers Paracord $35
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ord-%2435.html
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Beauty is in the Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpackrat View Post
We hope to sometime soon have a special kids only game with the markers chronoed down so they can finally get to shoot at each other and really have fun. For the time being though, they are still learning how to play and how to be safe.
Have you looked into JT Splatmaster? While I despise the way Bob's legacy is being tainted, it truly looks like a legitimate way to get kids into paintball.

My little lady turns 4 on Friday, she already owns a Phantom and can change mags/co2 on the TiPX. Proud.

http://http://www.mcarterbrown.com/f...ml#post2330926
FEEDBACK ^^
PHSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #20 (permalink)

Yeah, someday my daughter will play(hopefully) she is 2 almost 3, but whenever i get home from a day of playing and i start cleaning my gear she will sit by me and help me clean.
YoroSaru is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport