mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Barned

I think JT did a great thing with the splatmaster, not only does it give many people a chance to try paintball but it's actually a pretty well designed marker. The pump action on the shotgun is incredibly smooth for a $40 dollar marker.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Beauty is in the Silence

This is why I stand against the JT "Splatmaster"

Though you can't argue with the fact of allowing a new crowd to play. Can't even look up a good ol NSG Splatmaster without all the stupid toy **** popping up.

http://http://www.mcarterbrown.com/f...ml#post2330926
FEEDBACK ^^
PHSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Barned

I never really thought of it from that perspective. He does have a good point. It would be nice to see JT give some credit to bob gurnsey for the original splatmaster. Something like 'Based off the Original Splatmaster, designed by creator of paintball Bob Gurnsey Himself!" would be nice to see on the box.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

My dad turns 60 this year, and my father-in-law just turned 56. Both play paintball with me all the time.

My son is 3. This past fall/winter I built an ultra-lightweight pneumag for him, acquired a tiny little 50/4500 Ninja tank, and I just got a Sly Profit mask for him. Everything works great and he LOVES shooting a hopper out in the yard. It will be quite awhile before he's able to hit the field with me, but I can't wait and am really enjoying his enthusiasm right now.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Once your kid gets their feet and doesn't mind being on the field by themselves for a bit, scenarios are really good to balance out play between active and "slower" players. When my son started as an 11 year old, I was in excellent shape and he would play himself into the ground. Over the years, I have declined, and he now trains for marathons. Sometimes we get to pull some funny plays simply because he hits center field so fast that the other team thinks I'm attacking him or they bypass him altogether when they spot me. I've learned to bait a whole crew of people.

If you've gotten tired of attacking (or never felt like it), it's pretty typical for a group of ambitious agglets or team players to roll a strategic spot, get bored, and then move off to attempt to "roll the base". Their ambition is often misplaced for their numbers. I'll stake out a series of fall back spots and take up residence. The other team will be coming back out for revenge and I'll be waiting to dog them down the field.

There's always base security (or the lack thereof) which can be very sedentary. Radios help keep track, but you sometimes still loose track of your newbie. You can pre-arrange your meet up points and times for such things.

Point being, "old" and/or "fat" and/or "quadruple bypass" and/or "knee replacement" (seriously) people can still play in a scenario at their own rates. If all else fails, pull out the chair and kick back with some snacks and drinks and watch the action. The road trips can be half the fun.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

i play regularly with my brother and my dad. hes 50. we are all 210+ and 6'3"+ so none of us are fast on our feet. the old dude has some aim...
we have been playing together as a team for about 2 years now.
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSquared View Post
Have you looked into JT Splatmaster? While I despise the way Bob's legacy is being tainted, it truly looks like a legitimate way to get kids into paintball.

My little lady turns 4 on Friday, she already owns a Phantom and can change mags/co2 on the TiPX. Proud.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ac15aaa2db.jpg
They are too toy like. We took them to Extreme Velocity, they loved all the different markers and were allowed to air up their favorites and test fire them. They each have crayon saving banks that the kids save money for their markers. We help them out from time to boost their savings. It will be about a year till they are at their 300 goal (will actually be less with our team discounts. If I remember right, Kora wants a pink G4, and they boys a M4 Phenom and a Crossover.

http://walkons.proboards.com/index.cgi?

FS Custom 13/3000 Tank Covers Paracord $35
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ord-%2435.html
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

I just started a couple years ago, im 38 now, and my 20 yr old son plays with me now. I have gotten my youngest to play once(14) and I think she will go again.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
psunitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psunitro View Post
I just started a couple years ago, im 38 now, and my 20 yr old son plays with me now. I have gotten my youngest to play once(14) and I think she will go again.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ps2aa5f8b9.jpg

Nice!
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I just started playing 3 years ago and I'm now 51 I hit the gym lost 80 lbs and workout 3 times a week. I was just invited to play on a scenario team of 20 and 30 year olds. My daughter has no interest in playing but my grandson who is 4 loves it I'm hoping to be able and capable to play with him when he gets to the age. He's h main reason I'm getting fit.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport