mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 AM   #31 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamoo View Post
I just started playing 3 years ago and I'm now 51 I hit the gym lost 80 lbs and workout 3 times a week.
Right on! I lost 45 lbs playing paintball and working out. I also love how I feel after a good game.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
The 2012 season was my return to paintball after being out for 21 years. I returned with my 11 year old son. I have been fortunate that I have been able to share the things I love with him whether it be archery, BMX racing, canoeing, or carving on our longboards. Having him play paintball has been my favorite. One of the great things - with a mask, you don't know how old (or gray I am - LOL). Why is Junior smiling? Why ? Because Daddy let him play with Daddy's CCM - of course ! Yeah I know, I'll be ordering another 6.5 this year.
swantrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
I never really thought of it from that perspective. He does have a good point. It would be nice to see JT give some credit to bob gurnsey for the original splatmaster. Something like 'Based off the Original Splatmaster, designed by creator of paintball Bob Gurnsey Himself!" would be nice to see on the box.
When I saw these markers at the field I goto it really made me happy. Not only seeing these but the field has Wednesday night games with them and only with these new splatmasters. I really want to take my daughter for her first game with these and teach her the basics of paintball. Only 2 things have kept me from taking her before... First she is petite and the masks almost fits and second I am afraid that she will get turned off from the sport do to these new markers. So thank you JT for bringing these to the market.

Had to add this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v...ture=endscreen

Last edited by Acidpaintball; 01-28-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added video.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swantrevor View Post
The 2012 season was my return to paintball after being out for 21 years. I returned with my 11 year old son. I have been fortunate that I have been able to share the things I love with him whether it be archery, BMX racing, canoeing, or carving on our longboards. Having him play paintball has been my favorite. One of the great things - with a mask, you don't know how old (or gray I am - LOL). Why is Junior smiling? Why ? Because Daddy let him play with Daddy's CCM - of course ! Yeah I know, I'll be ordering another 6.5 this year. http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/IMG_3125.jpg
Love it!
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #35 (permalink)

I paintballed for the first time around age 14. I don't know if this was considered a "late" start or not, but I most definitely was okay with my parents NOT paintballing with me.

This being said, parents should support their children being out and active, whether it be paintball or any other form of sport or activity.
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport