mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Parents Go Play Paintball with your Child!

A quick video because I keep on getting bugged to make it.

If it helps! Then I get more old guys on the field!

But seriously, the more parents that play, the more paintball becomes accepted as a real sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25raUakKyGg
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

My dad's a little out of shape to play the game, but I've taken him twice and he's rented a mask and watched from the sidelines. He's slowly getting more and more excited about paintball and I think next time I take him he may pick up a marker with me lol.

But I think more important than having that time with your kid is seeing them happy. I can really tell that he's genuinely excited to see me passionate about something and enjoying it. Just imagine sharing that joy together...would be awesome. So I totally second your suggestion! It's a nice experience.

Misc. PB gear sale
Patar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

My son has an arsenal of autocockers to choose from. Ill be in my late 30s before he is old enough to play and in my early 40s when he is 'field legal'. I am going to cherish those few fleeting years when my body still has the physical stamina to play. Age has already crept up on me as the last time I played it took almost a week for my legs to recover.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
My son (13 yr old) started playing with me this year. I've been playing since 1992. His excitement to go play with Dad hasn't met up to his experience on the field yet. We've played a few walk-ons an there have been way too many people on the field each time we've gone. It's turned into massive amounts of paint right from the whistle and he hasn't lasted much past a few minutes. He is playing very aggressively, which is why he's getting out. We've got a private game coming up soon which may help him enjoy himself a bit more.

It's fun playing with your kids!
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Screwy Q-E

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
At ages 25 and 52, I'm happy that I finally got Dad out on the field this year! Furthermore, I'm happy to say that in two separate games, I was the one to shoot him out, AND the one to avenge his "death." (There's a learning curve for newbies of all ages )

"HALLO! My name is Inigo Montoya!..."

In short... It's a great parent/child bonding experience! Do it while your health is with you.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Here is my Daughter in her "Winter Camo" from Saturday lol

The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
At ages 25 and 52, I'm happy that I finally got Dad out on the field this year! Furthermore, I'm happy to say that in two separate games, I was the one to shoot him out, AND the one to avenge his "death." (There's a learning curve for newbies of all ages )

"HALLO! My name is Inigo Montoya!..."

In short... It's a great parent/child bonding experience! Do it while your health is with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
My son (13 yr old) started playing with me this year. I've been playing since 1992. His excitement to go play with Dad hasn't met up to his experience on the field yet. We've played a few walk-ons an there have been way too many people on the field each time we've gone. It's turned into massive amounts of paint right from the whistle and he hasn't lasted much past a few minutes. He is playing very aggressively, which is why he's getting out. We've got a private game coming up soon which may help him enjoy himself a bit more.

It's fun playing with your kids!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
My son has an arsenal of autocockers to choose from. Ill be in my late 30s before he is old enough to play and in my early 40s when he is 'field legal'. I am going to cherish those few fleeting years when my body still has the physical stamina to play. Age has already crept up on me as the last time I played it took almost a week for my legs to recover.
WOW WOW WOW!!! This is awesome. Im so glad!! That I made this video and posted it here.

This is soo freaking cool.

Can I ask if you guys could please please try to make a quick video and send it to me. Im an official video contributor for Social Paintball. It would be so!! freaking awesome to put a video together with snippets from all you !!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Here is my Daughter in her "Winter Camo" from Saturday lol

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...5B12BE0F28.jpg
WOW WOW WOW!!! This is awesome. Im so glad!! That I made this video and posted it here.

This is soo freaking cool.

Can I ask if you guys could please please try to make a quick video and send it to me. Im an official video contributor for Social Paintball. It would be so!! freaking awesome to put a video together with snippets from all you !!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I'll try to get some video but it may be awhile. I don't have a setup yet.

Here's me and the boy earlier this fall:
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

I got two of my kids that play with me, 13 and 11 both started playing when they were 10 and i have a 19 year that will play also when she comes up to visit. I always start them out playing at 240fps and put them on my team the first couple of games and I always shoot them myself at the end of the game (especially if they yell out with no hits) if they didnt get hit by a ball that leaves alittle mark. This shows them its not that bad to get hit by a ball if your markers are chrono properly at 280. My friends do this to their kids also and never had a problem with them wanting to play. The kids that we didnt do this to never want to play.
So go out and give your kids a a good pop and they will likely want to play.
dasmacky is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport