mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Automag RT Pro. Thank me later.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
Best advice Ive gotten when shopping for automags is to buy an autococker instead
Yeah,I sometimes build custom snipers for me and my other pump friends.And yes,cockers can be a bitch.

And I was looking for just a basic,as cheap as possible mag.
paintballguy2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguy2255 View Post
Yeah,I sometimes build custom snipers for me and my other pump friends.And yes,cockers can be a bitch.

And I was looking for just a basic,as cheap as possible mag.
Then get a classic, and be done with it.

Of course, you won't be done with it. You'll just be getting your first mag. That's how it always starts.

For sheer panache, mechanical character and coolness, you will never, in any universe, beat a 'cocker. It is the crescendo of mechanical beauty and complexity.

At the other end of the spectrum is the Automag. It is the crescendo of mechanical simplicity, elegance, and bulletproof engineering. And unlike the 'cocker, the 'mag was not designed as an upgrade of a preexisting design, itself an upgrade of a preexisting design; rather, it was designed from scratch, using only form and function as its design principles.

Mags were built with an obsessive devotion to quality. They are all but indestructible. They will be around long after all the nifty space guns of today are rotting in the garbage dumps of tomorrow. In some future world, long eons hence, some alien race will set foot on this planet. They will find, buried in the sands of some long-forgotten desert, a silver object which their advanced minds will instinctively tell them is an automag.

Instinctively they will also know that it requires gas of any pressure from 600-3,000 psi. They will gas it up, and there, on that lonely desert plain, ten thousand years hence, it will cycle flawlessly, and the game of paintball will pass into intergalactic legend, rapidly surpassing Unmpflapogh as the most popular sport in the universe.

The mag, and no other marker, will do this. It will never need tuning, or tweaking, or anything else. It can be tuned, of course, but it doesn't need it in order to run. Will oil help it? Yes. Does it need oil? No. Oil only exists here, and no other planet has it. This is why only the mag is certified for use on other planets.

It doesn't need anything. It is the Chuck Norris of markers. Tom Kaye is the opposite of the Dark Lord, and in whatever the opposite of Mount Doom is, the 'mag was forged in those fires. If Frodo Baggins had had a 'mag, they could have destroyed the Ring with it and ended the whole ugly business without any fuss.

Automags can operate comfortably on the sun, in black holes, and at the bottom of deep sea trenches. They are not affected by sand, wind, or those pesky little bugs that often come out on drowsy summer evenings.

What is more, you can pick them up for less than a hundred bucks on eBay.

And that's pretty much why you should get one.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Future Robocop

Quote:
Best advice Ive gotten when shopping for automags is to buy an autococker instead
Mags>cockers
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Menace, I would love to sig that entire soliloquy. It is awesome!

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Happy to be of service!

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

flame suiting up.

in my opinin, the GOG eNMEy costs $130 and shoots much better, and is lighter than any classic mag you'll find on the BST.

Justsayin
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
flame suiting up.

in my opinin, the GOG eNMEy costs $130 and shoots much better, and is lighter than any classic mag you'll find on the BST.

Justsayin
I've really been wondering for quite a while why "lighter" is better in a paintball gun? Is the current crop of players [who seemed obsessed with lightness] that weak that you can not play all day with a Mag at [<3 lbs]?

Automags really are not that heavy you want heavy get and old Piranha Long Barrel with AGD Six Pack on it now that has some weight with a 200 rd hopper mounted on it and I carried that setup for years during 24hr games. Just a note I am not a big muscular guy either.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
flame suiting up.

Justsayin
And the quality of an automag is light years beyond the eNMEy.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
flame suiting up.

Justsayin
I had to think about "shoots much better". I'll give it better CO2 handling and a lower force bolt. On air, I don't see the consistency being any better.

I would rather replace the seals in a mag reg than a max-flo-R, not that it is terrible.

One thing the eNMEy and Vibe will never have is a fast shot time (trigger pull to muzzle exit) relative to older mechs and electros. It's part of their design to be slower and softer. To me, that fast shot time is what makes closed bolt pumps worth playing with. You can vent and blackheart a vibe, but then it is just like any mid-level electro in price and performance.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport