mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Phone winner.
 
El Super Beasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
Granted, I'm biased, and not a fan of Tom Kaye.
He's pretty crazy, letting companies use his regulator design freely, hunting D.B. Cooper like a T-1000, and hanging cars from guns. I could go on.

But in my opinion, the eNMEy is a solid, reliable shooter and is more forgiving to newer players. And forgiving on paint as well, like the lvl. 10 bolt nonsense.
El Super Beasto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2008

I bought my first mag over six years ago. A white RT, called of course "Snowflake". Then it wa missing by five finger snatch. Replaced it with a black mag, called"Smoke"(as your chances of out shooting me have gone up in). Have other guns. Only one mag. Yes I have thought about another one, but it would be a redundancy. On the other hand I have a friend who has had 7 mags, 14 auto cockers, and other guns besides. You can exercise self control and stop at one. Or you can begin an empire. Your choice.
FirstTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =
 
Justus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois

"solid, reliable shooter and is more forgiving to newer players"

How is this statement backed up? I don't understand what the claim is that the eNMEy offers over a 'Mag, objectively speaking.
__________________
My Feedback
Justus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Phone winner.
 
El Super Beasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
"solid, reliable shooter and is more forgiving to newer players"

How is this statement backed up? I don't understand what the claim is that the eNMEy offers over a 'Mag, objectively speaking.
It's the little things: no foamie on your lvl. 7 means it's harder on paint, lvl 10s have a steeper learning curve, and need to be tuned. Not beginner friendly.

All you have to do to the enmey is adjust the reg and not over lube stuff. Unscrew the back cap, pull out the spool, wipe it, lube it, put it back in. Rocket science it is not.

Also, the mags on-off is pretty scary to newbies, and teflon o-rings are not often available at your local proshop. Unlike enmey rebuild kits.

I hate smart parts but I am simply stating fact. New products are newbie friendly because of better product support.

But get a mag anyway.

Last edited by El Super Beasto; 01-16-2013 at 03:04 PM.
El Super Beasto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Active Member
 
TinyBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SW Ontario Canada

Having the eNMEy, Classic Mag, And a RT ULE Mag here (eNMEy belongs to sister). I have my own view. The eNMEy is a great new release but it will never be a MAG. The eNMEy is a budget shooter and is built to a price. The MAG was built to be the best of the best in its time it's of impeccable quality and absolutely reliable.

To me the fact that I own a gun that I purchased 14 years ago new with pretty much all the factory parts, and still can compare it competitively to a gun released a couple months ago speaks volumes for the design of the Mag. In 14 years how relevant to ya thing the eNMEy will be. For that matter ya thinkin 14 years there will be still this many enemy's still shooting?
__________________
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII,Tiberius T8.1, Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II, Sheridan PGP 2k.
TinyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern MN

And there is a reason why you can't touch an Automag RT for under $200 even though they are 15+ years old and not exactly rare. The design was that good. Yeah, I can buy a 2012 Kia for $9,999 or I can get a 2002 Corvette for $9,999 (actually, no I can't but you get the point). Just because something is newer and costs the same doesn't mean it is better.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =
 
Justus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
It's the little things: no foamie on your lvl. 7 means it's harder on paint, lvl 10s have a steeper learning curve, and need to be tuned. Not beginner friendly.

All you have to do to the enmey is adjust the reg and not over lube stuff. Unscrew the back cap, pull out the spool, wipe it, lube it, put it back in. Rocket science it is not.

Also, the mags on-off is pretty scary to newbies, and teflon o-rings are not often available at your local proshop. Unlike enmey rebuild kits.

I hate smart parts but I am simply stating fact. New products are newbie friendly because of better product support.

But get a mag anyway.
I've not noticed my foamie-less L7 bolt being any harder on paint. Haven't experienced a breech or barrel break at all. And a L10 bolt isn't really that hard to tune. You just have to follow the instructions.

And the on/off being scary? What? As far as a teflon o-ring goes, just order a parts kit from AGD or Tuna, along with a bottle of oil, and you'll be set for YEARS. No need to keep going to the pro shop to buy o-rings all the time. Urethane/teflon > Buna-N.

I mean, yeah, a new player can pick up an eNMEy and go to town pretty quickly and easily. But if you want a little build quality and a marker that will retain a lot more of its value, it's not even a contest.
__________________
My Feedback
Justus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by elraido View Post
And there is a reason why you can't touch an Automag RT for under $200 even though they are 15+ years old and not exactly rare. The design was that good. Yeah, I can buy a 2012 Kia for $9,999 or I can get a 2002 Corvette for $9,999 (actually, no I can't but you get the point). Just because something is newer and costs the same doesn't mean it is better.
Actually, the Automag RT is the worst AGD gun. I tell people looking to buy an Automag to specifically stay the Hell away from the RT.



All the goodness of the eNMEy is tucked away in that CO2 tolerant regulator. Besides the price tag, that's the only thing the eNMEy has over an Automag.

The automag was made to last forever; the eNMEy was made to be cheap.


Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
All you have to do to the enmey is adjust the reg and not over lube stuff. Unscrew the back cap, pull out the spool, wipe it, lube it, put it back in. Rocket science it is not.
Few drops of oil in the ASA of the automag. It would probably be difficult to over-lube an automag in this manner. That being said, I'm sure someone out there is thinking "challenge accepted" right now. Pretty sure automag wins in this department, even if neither is rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
Also, the mags on-off is pretty scary to newbies,
The on-off, as you say, is not rocket science either.

You realize that the guns aren't that different, right? They both have some sort of on/off valve and a spool mechanism. Why would you look at the same basic parts on one gun and be scared and be OK with them on another gun?

Or are you alluding to the fact that the eNMEy parts manual won't even go into the "trigger pneumatic assembly" in the first place? Is that how we take care of newbies these days? "Just uh... don't look here. You'll be fine. Go to your happy place."


Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
and teflon o-rings are not often available at your local proshop. Unlike enmey rebuild kits.
My local proshop? You mean the nonexistent one that closed up years ago?

The o-rings in an Automag are pretty much standard sizes. That on/off o-ring? Documented. 006. Standard size. Same size as used in multiple markers. A proper "pro-shop" would have something in that size.

You know that you can use a non-teflon o-ring in that on/off, right? It just won't... drumroll please... last forever. I know a urethane one will work; I'm tempted to go to the auto parts store, pick up a buna 006, and see how long that actually lasts.

In fact, someone else please verify this in case I'm going crazy, but in the eNMEy manual, is part OU9006 a 90-durometer 006 o-ring? If not that one, I see that an 006 o-ring seems to exist somewhere in Smart Parts' product range.


Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
I hate smart parts but I am simply stating fact. New products are newbie friendly because of better product support.
Please get your facts straight before presenting them.
__________________
Quote:
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #39 (permalink)
mag shooter
 
superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charleston, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
You're upset he hasn't been around sinking his money into the fabrication of plastic, entry-level markers? Yeah, I guess I can see that.
^ the greatest

i have currently have 10 mags and love them to death. people ask why i shoot old guns and the truth is the quality is there the ability to be customized. everything is so modular.

bolt
to whomever made the statement about the bolt not having a foamie. agd did make lvl7 foamies before the lvl10 and with in about 10 mins i can tell you how to properly setup a lvl 10 and im sure my 12 year old brother could do it with me telling him how. its not that hard and even if you don't tune it perfect it will still shoot fine. it does not have to be tuned to bounce off of receipt paper.

the on/off
the on/off is not at all scary and will work with a normal urethane oring instead of a teflon oring. AGD even changed the design of the on/off top because people were originally installing them in backwards. this is no longer an issue because it can go in either way now. i prefer to replace my classic on/offs with rt on/offs makes it even easier and makes the trigger harder to short stroke.

maintenance
i once tried to sell a 2011 pmr to guy and when i said that you need to take the bolt out and lube it he asked why and how long it will take and how often. he then passed on my sale and went and bought a tippmann because it basically required no maintenance. the mag requires no maintenance, people say oil it every time you go play. im lucky if i have oil when i go play. my mags shoot flawlessly. my friend just had me build one for him after playing with my mag for 3 games. the GOG gun has issues if you over lube it. i don't think i have ever seen an issue from over lubing a single part in any gun i have ever owned.

to all the people who say it is a great entry level gun, im sure it is until that person realizes they want more than a plastic gun they can't overlube and the hoses will go bad. grab yourself a mag, and save yourself time, money and the frustration.
__________________
I buy Automags and Parts: if you need cash shoot me a pm

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
Phone winner.
 
El Super Beasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Please get your facts straight before presenting them.
Whoa, a little harsh there cowboy.

I am just stating MY experiences from finding mag parts from proshops in Nova Scotia, and from recommending mags to friends; showing them how it works, adjusting the reg, the guts and ins and outs. They then stick to their blowbacks.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but putting oil in the asa will result in oil in your barrel, affecting accuracy. But what do I know, I've only been using Tom's steel beasts since '06 so I guess I still have a lot to learn.

Clean the sand out of your on/off GoatBoy.

Last edited by El Super Beasto; 01-16-2013 at 10:10 PM.
El Super Beasto is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC