mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #41 (permalink)
mag shooter

in the manual it says to oil the mag and shoot it with the barrel off just so you know.

cottontail can you pm me a link to the thread please?

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
Phone winner.

I recall viewing Mr. Kay on the 68 Automag instruction cassette saying it is important that the reg seat remain dry and oil free. I am open to correction.

I used remote co2 on my mags and they gunked up with crud often, especially the reg piston and washer stack.

Co2 and silicone based oil come together to make a yummy grey paste. I had to give all parts attention, even with the use of palmers 1/8 npt filter leading to the valve. I have hpa but I will never give up remote co2. Even in the winter.

So the manual is open to interpretation.

Last edited by El Super Beasto; 01-16-2013 at 11:06 PM.
El Super Beasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
and the OP seems to have moved on
wait, did we do that again?

He's been around since May. He probably knows how this works by now.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #44 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
I recall viewing Mr. Kay on the 68 Automag instruction cassette saying it is important that the reg seat remain dry and oil free. I am open to correction.

I used remote co2 on my mags and they gunked up with crud often, especially the reg piston and washer stack.

Co2 and silicone based oil come together to make a yummy grey paste. I had to give all parts attention, even with the use of palmers 1/8 npt filter leading to the valve. I have hpa but I will never give up remote co2. Even in the winter.

So the manual is open to interpretation.
ya that yummy grey paste that you wiped off of the spring stack is grease used to keep your spring stack from rusting. and it doesnt even come in contact inside the rest of the valve because it is sealed from the piston oring. so i doesn't matter if you use a filter, co2, hpa or a bucket of oil. the reg seat should be kept clean and not dry and oil free.

might want to check that manual again

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/Images/automan.pdf

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #45 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
El Super Beasto is just hating because I shoot him with a sydarm frequently.

He has helped me with mags, taught me care and proper feeding of them, and making sure they reach their full potential.

I've whored a good number of mags, and I love my sydarm to death. Simplicity and utility. I believe it is the simplist way of firing paint. Consistent they are not. A least on c02 anyway. A bore sizer and cocker adaptor has helped, but nothing can get rid of the biggest problem. My love of 12ies. They aren't clean, they are inefficient, but Tom Kaye found a much more pleasant way of dealing with them. I love my new sixpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #46 (permalink)
Phone winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
ya that yummy grey paste that you wiped off of the spring stack is grease used to keep your spring stack from rusting. and it doesnt even come in contact inside the rest of the valve because it is sealed from the piston oring. so i doesn't matter if you use a filter, co2, hpa or a bucket of oil. the reg seat should be kept clean and not dry and oil free.

might want to check that manual again

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/Images/automan.pdf
I always clean and grease the spring stack upon assembly.

I really don't think it's really important to split hairs, you're not my girlfriend.
El Super Beasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #47 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

I have what he originally wrote. Would you like me to share with the class? For posterity's sake of course...

EDIT:

Y'know, actually, I'll stick to my word and not get involved further.

Last edited by JaKaL; 01-17-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Honor
JaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
cleaned up. knock that off.

The next one to stir that up again gets points.

If I missed any offending posts report them please. I'll get them then. It gets confusing when you have to delete half the damn thread! lol
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #49 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Also, correct me if I am wrong but putting oil in the asa will result in oil in your barrel, affecting accuracy. But what do I know, I've only been using Tom's steel beasts since '06 so I guess I still have a lot to learn.
I knew someone was going to pull a "challenge accepted" on that one. Congrats!

Quote:
So... Si-O + CO2 -> ?

I thought Si-O and CO2 were mostly inert. So you might get silicone oil with some CO2 bubbles in it, which should still just behave as silicone oil.

I've been using silicone oil in all my guns and have never pulled out any mysterious grey paste, including the ones I run CO2 in, unless there was metal rubbing somewhere (i.e. on the bolt/spring, where... metal is rubbing).

Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I've just had an incredible run of good luck.

I don't know what Palmer's sells, I'm assuming it's just a sintered filter which will probably easily pass "mystery paste" through it. I'm not sure why you bothered to mentioned this, considering it is completely immaterial.

More facts?
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #50 (permalink)
Mr. Superman no es here

Celebrity Mag Owners

Chuck Norris uses an Automag Classic for big game hunting. He's never had an issue.
shootdraxxus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport