mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguy2255 View Post
Menace,I meant cheap price wise.I see them on eBay for about $100,whic is below my target price.And I am going with a 68 classic,because it seems they are abundant on here,and I will probably mess with something due to my cocker past and screw it up.Also,is there a specific type of propellant that is necessary?(co2 or HPA)
Ah. Guess I thought you were doing a play on words with 'cheap' and 'cheap' in the original post.

You can get a good one for even less than $100 if you camp out on eBay.

Also, don't sweat the whole 'screwing it up' thing. Seriously. The thing is dead simple with very few moving parts, and very few things that can ever go wrong in normal use, most of which are just o-rings.

As for the classic, you can use either CO2 or HPA. Only the newer valves (RT, ReTro, X, E, etc.) require HPA, and no wiggle room on that. The classic mag was designed with HPA in mind, but a recognition that it hadn't caught on yet, and so was built to run on CO2 as well. Just be sure to get an expansion chamber and/or an antisiphon. If you like remotes, that helps also. The main thing is to prevent liquid from getting into the valve.

I have an antisiphon tank for use on fields with no HPA. I've cycled mine in 30-40 degree weather with no issues, other than the expected horrible efficiency. If you really get on the trigger for a while you may freeze up the power tube o-ring (you'll have snow and sizzle coming out the barrel), but in that case simply hold the trigger for a few seconds to let it thaw out and you should be good to go.

The training manual video is a fantastic resource for history, maintenance, troubleshooting, etc., and can be gotten cheaply on eBay, or, if you like, even more cheaply here in MCB (Thanks to Christopher Richter, who posted this on Youtube):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIsWtxuvCKw

Again, good luck, and let us know how it goes.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Menace; 01-19-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #62 (permalink)

Ok,thanks for all the help everyone!*cue motivational song*
paintballguy2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #63 (permalink)
Marathoner

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport