mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   Mag advice (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/223458-mag-advice.html)

paintballguy2255 01-13-2013 11:02 PM

Mag advice

Lately,I have been interested in buying an Automag.I have always wanted one,but now I have a little money and have been looking into actually buying one lately.Basically,what should I look for when I buy a mag?About how much would a good one cost?And how hard is it to maintain one?Really,any advice would be helpful here.Thanks!

superman 01-13-2013 11:57 PM

all kinds of prices, easy to maintain lots of people willing to help, couple drops of oil each time you air it up and your good to go.

bone stock classic mags with steel twistlock bodies run $75 to $100

up to average ule xvalve mag about $375 to $450

shameless plug i have a ule xvalve mag for sale if your interested shoot me a pm

need4reebs 01-14-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballguy2255 (Post 2591969)
Lately,I have been interested in buying an Automag.I have always wanted one,but now I have a little money and have been looking into actually buying one lately.Basically,what should I look for when I buy a mag?About how much would a good one cost?And how hard is it to maintain one?Really,any advice would be helpful here.Thanks!

best bet would be browse thru the pic section, when you a Mag you like find out what you can about from the person who posted the pic, as well as researching the AGD section?

prices will vary depending on who is selling the marker? you can buy a brand new ULE Custom from AGD or Tunamart starting at 475 or buy a used one? look around for a bit, all the maintenance advice are in the AGD stickies and check out the agd videos on you tube?

here is a link to AGD:
Paintball guns - the Airgun Designs RT ULE Custom paintball gun - you customize this paintball gun the way you want it

here is a link to Tunamart:
Tunamart

Jaccen 01-14-2013 01:42 AM

Warning: Buying your first Automag will start a process where you will often wonder where all your money went until you look on your workbench/pegboard.

They have a bad habit of multiplying like rabbits ;)

With that being said, settle on two things:
1. What you want it to do.
2. What is your budget.

There's a 'mag out there that will likely do that. If what you want it to do isn't in your budget, just buy a basic one and upgrade it later.

Maintenance?

Automag video with Tom Kaye pt1/9 - YouTube

Watch those and just buy good synthetic air tool oil. You're pretty much set.

need4reebs 01-14-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaccen (Post 2592104)
Warning: Buying your first Automag will start a process where you will often wonder where all your money went until you look on your workbench/pegboard.

They have a bad habit of multiplying like rabbits ;)

With that being said, settle on two things:
1. What you want it to do.
2. What is your budget.

There's a 'mag out there that will likely do that. If what you want it to do isn't in your budget, just buy a basic one and upgrade it later.

Maintenance?

Automag video with Tom Kaye pt1/9 - YouTube

Watch those and just buy good synthetic air tool oil. You're pretty much set.

i thought Rabbits had a bad case of Multiplying like Mags....Haha!!!:ROTFL:

Cottontail 01-14-2013 10:24 AM

Best advice Ive gotten when shopping for automags is to buy an autococker instead ;)

Jaccen 01-14-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cottontail (Post 2592269)
Best advice Ive gotten when shopping for automags is to buy an autococker instead ;)

Thems fightin' words! ;)

Justus 01-14-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cottontail (Post 2592269)

Yeah, if you want to sit at the workbench tinkering with the thing instead of hitting the field and playing. :rolleyes:

Spider! 01-14-2013 02:32 PM

There are a few more like this in the airgun designs sub-forum.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...questions.html

Matt Ribble 01-14-2013 03:11 PM

Logic aside : If you like the look of them go for it. If you like a 1986 tempo and want a 1986 tempo, that's what you'll get.

If you are a practical man there are better choices out there in a variety of ways.

High end mags (Ule, etc) are going to be 500+/- all said and done (hahahah done, that's adorable)

Low end mags (Classic valve, steel body,etc) are going to run you around 150ish.