mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Get a used mini and a grip extender. Put u at the same length of an axe for cheaper. Add an on off and it will be basically the same thing.
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
I'm 6'8" as well, so here is my .02 The mini is too small, period. The axe is better, however it does have a goofy grip that I do not like, they are good shooters. The etek as well as the dm feel very nice in the hands. I like the etek best for ergonomics. If you get a 68/4500 tank you should get an asa extender. I never liked my 68 tank until I got one of them. As for hoppers rotor, pinokio used are great. Also you can snag a vlocity new for around 60. Very underrated hopper, I have never outshot mineon my autococker sr witch is the fastest gun I have ever shot. Friendly advise from tall guy to tall guy.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #23 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
The one without batteries and the pump handle.

TF
X3
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
Get a used mini and a grip extender. Put u at the same length of an axe for cheaper. Add an on off and it will be basically the same thing.
He could have an Axe by the time he does that, or very close to it. $200 for a Mini, $40 for an extender, and $80 for the Relay brings him over $300. He might be able to get it down to $280, but the Axe is still worth the extra.

And to give you an idea of what $500 could get you, I just paid $510 for a 2k11 G6R in great shape with LP poppit, pressure tester, zero ping ram, and parts kit. I'm keeping my Mini though, and I honestly think it will keep up with the G6R. I'll probably end up trading the G6R for a nice Axe or one of the new Empire markers coming out.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've always like Bob Long Aliases. They are solid poppet valved guns and require less maintenance than a spoolie. I used to have a PM6 which was fun, but a pain to maintain. I also had a Bob Long Alias and I've never shot a more solid gun. Aliases can be had for $200.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Pistols brah

Okay new question. I'm hearing a lot about "automags" lately. I'm gunna be honest, I'm a tippmann, tiberius fan boy and I'm looking to branch out so yeah, automags?
08scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Electro Automags = $$$

I love my Emag, but there are a lot of comparable electros for less.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
It sounds like Automags are right up your alley. They are very, very similar to Tiberius guns and they are the only gun I would put up against a Tippmann in a reliability test. They were one of the first paintball guns to be designed completely around the idea of paintball, while other guns at the time were using technology that was older, mainly the poppet valve. Classic mags are around $100 and can run on CO2 as well as HPA. RT/Xvalve guns are usually at least $300, feature a reactive trigger (look up videos of the RT mags), and only run on HPA. If you're looking for an automag as an electronic gun, look somewhere else as they are expensive and really a niche gun. The level 10 bolt is a mechanical anti-chop system that works wonders and can be used with both. What type of mag is interesting you? I'd suggest picking up a classic automag first. They are super fun, cheap, and just plain awesome.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I like the RT automag. I used to have one of those as well. It's mechanical, but has the potential to keep up with electros.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
BudgetBaller 2.0

Id go for a Used Mini aswell. Simple, Cheap, Reliable for myself anyway. Parts can be found anywhere. I bought one off local player for $200 w/ Stiffi carbon fiber, also found a dirty one for $125. One of the best for the price IMO
Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bricew25...ow=grid&view=0
bricew25 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport